Support System

Hello

I noticed that with the Support System plugin, a user (subscriber or otherwise) of a blog has access to the Support System (FAQ and Tickets).

1- Is there a way to limit that only to the admin (or owner) of the blog ?
2- If the user submits a support ticket, I as the site wide admin receive that ticket. Shouldn't that be received by the admin/owner of that particular blog instead of me?

Thanks.

• Ken

1- Is there a way to limit that only to the admin (or owner) of the blog ?

You can either edit the code yourself in the .php file in the plug-in .zip, or disable the blogs to add new users in the Admin >> Options page. Currently, there's no option for such.

2- If the user submits a support ticket, I as the site wide admin receive that ticket. Shouldn't that be received by the admin/owner of that particular blog instead of me?

This plug-in is designed in a way that YOU as the site wide admin are providing the Support system to the users.

Also, my guess is that you're having a standard WPMU installation, just like Edublogs, not a hacked installation like Blogs.mu. Then why would you want the users to submit tickets and the blog Admin receiving it? I'm not really sure what you meant by this question.

Thanks.

• wlpdrpat

Hey Aaron,

I recently upgraded from 3.0.4 to 3.1.3. Prior to this upgrade I had setup a specific blog that I used for managing all the support tickets. After upgrading I can only access the Manage Support Tickets from the root domain.

Can I can change where the menu items appear for Manage Support Tickets so that it appears in Site Admin instead of Network Admin (I know how to do this but would like to ensure that it won't break the plugin).

I think you should add an option that allows you to define where the Manage Support Tickets appears in the menu because as it is currently setup this really limits who and how this plugin can be used.

Currently the only person that can manage support tickets is Network Admin and the only site it can be managed from is the root.

Pat

• wlpdrpat

Hey Aaron,

I reviewed the code and was able to customize it to meet our needs. I moved it back to the site admin side in its own little area at the top of the menus and set the visibility to 10 which works for my situation (guess I could have used manage_network too).

I think this is a feature which you could easily add by creating an option for site admin management.

I'm only a intermediate coder and I was able to do it in about 30 minutes of coding (which means your guys could do it in about 5 minutes).

It really only took adding one option and a couple of new if statements and voila.

Pat

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.