Support System

Couple of questions

1) is there a way to make subscribers be able to create a ticket?

2) can i enable multi db plugin later down the road?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey xlrdxrevengex!

I'll answer each of your questions in turn below...

1) is there a way to make subscribers be able to create a ticket?

The ability to create a ticket should be available to your users. Have you logged into a user account to check it is available?

2) can i enable multi db plugin later down the road?

Sure! Multi-DB should work alongside Support System no problem :slight_smile:

Phil

• xlrdxrevengex
    • Flash Drive

The ability to create a ticket should be available to your users. Have you logged into a user account to check it is available?

ive created a demo account to verify all settings as a regular subscriber and does not work. When i change the role to contributor it shows.

I did check the to see if the tables are in there. Is there a way to lower the required role permissions

Sure! Multi-DB should work alongside Support System no problem :slight_smile:

Just to clarify i was under the impression multi db plugin had to be installed first then add the defines to the config then you could upload.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

ive created a demo account to verify all settings as a regular subscriber and does not work. When i change the role to contributor it shows.

I think the solution to this would be to change the default role for new users to Contributor - that way, anyone who registers will have access to create a new ticket.

Just to clarify i was under the impression multi db plugin had to be installed first then add the defines to the config then you could upload.

Sorry, I think I mis-read your original question. Yes, you would need to ensure you install multi-db first and follow the instructions.

I hope that's all clear now!

Phil

• Aaron
    • CTO

The theory behind the plugin is that it's to provide support to blog admins, or at least those with write permission on the blog. You are welcome to change the permission though. Change
    add_submenu_page('incsub_support', __('Support Tickets', INCSUB_SUPPORT_LANG_DOMAIN), __('Support Tickets', INCSUB_SUPPORT_LANG_DOMAIN), 'edit_posts', 'incsub_support_tickets', 'incsub_support_output_tickets' );
    to
    add_submenu_page('incsub_support', __('Support Tickets', INCSUB_SUPPORT_LANG_DOMAIN), __('Support Tickets', INCSUB_SUPPORT_LANG_DOMAIN), 'read', 'incsub_support_tickets', 'incsub_support_output_tickets' );

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.