Support System BETA 2.0

Hi all.

This thread comes from this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/the-support-system-plugin-needs-to-have-front-end-access#post-797278

I put it here again so everyone can see it.

Download support system Beta 2.0 here.

Thanks.

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Ignacio
    I was referring to if their is an update for the beta would the update show in the wordpress dashboard as an update but since you said I just needed to upload via FTP and overwrite the current one then I do not think any update will show in the dashboard.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Steve,

No, our system doesn't display updates for beta releases, you will only see an update when a final release is published, we don't actually publish the betas via the dashboard, so you have to update the manual way when using beta releases.

Hope this helps

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

just thought i would report this.
    not a big deal but for those using wpengine it seems to select that admin as the default "Main Administrator".
    i have seen them (wpengine) appear in other plugins as well and even on the front end of some themes, very annoying that they do this.
    will have to sort this out with them i know but just thought i should mention this to probably have the plugin select the main admin on the main site if network activated instead ?
    cheers.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi - I'm trying out Beta2 - the pages that I've created for the index and form are just showing the shortcodes. I first inserted using the visual editor and then the text editor and in both cases just the shortcodes themselves are displaying on the pages.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @antKat

If your site is a multisite, make sure that you have selected the right blog ID in Network>Support>Settings>Front. You can only use the shortcodes in that blog.

Just a note: I'll be off during these days and be back on 29th. I'll work again in more fixes during those days. I believe we'll have an official release on the second week of january if everything goes fine.

Happy Xmas!

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Ignacio hope your time off is going well :slight_smile:

I am going to give the beta a try... will let you know how it goes.

I use the Genesis Framework w/ my subdomain network, 100% https (including mapped domains), using apache w/ nginx/varnish in front, all running through CloudFlare :slight_smile:

Cheers, Max

update: at first glance, I love the look of it!!! Thanks @Ignacio

• Avi Reem
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Bulk delete seems broken. I get the following error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method Incsub_Support_Ticket::delete() in /...../wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/admin/inc/class-table-tickets.php on line 264

Hope that helps and keep up the great work!

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi everyone.

Here's the last (I hope so ) beta before the official release (finally set on 12-13 january as I'm going off for a week).

I've fixed the fatal error and the "Ticket Form" shortcode includes now more options among other minor fixes.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Ignacio
    logs?
    debug?

Also, is that page selected on Support>Settings ?

Yes

What theme are you using?

Blog MU

And finally, have you tested with other plugins deactivated?

yes I deactivated all plugins and re-activated one at a time and now the support on the front end works fin except when a support ticket is submitted the email I receive always has the admins user name as the person submitting the ticket
    example below

=========================================================
    Begin Ticket Message
    ==========================================================

2ez2build said:

have you seen the increase in hits to easy list profits

End Ticket Message

user 2ez2build did not submit the ticket

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

@Ignacio

I have tested beta3 and similar to @steve Pershall have issues with the frontend features.

However, in my case its a bit different and includes issues with the backend as well.

I get a insufficient privileges error (even if I give the user admin status at primary and signin via support login at primary).

I include a bunch of screenshots below.

I have debug enabled, no obvious errors (only some regarding user reports plugin before I deactivated it).

I was able to login to the network via the support page frontend login form, but then got the permission error though you can see the admin bar displayed in the screenshot below (at that time, user had admin status at primary & at subsite).

I have deactivated almost all plugins (remaining are all WPMUdev except CloudFlare & DebugBar plugins) and am getting the same results.

Active plugins:
    Dashboard
    Multi-DB
    Domain Mapping
    Pro Sites
    Support System

CloudFlare - in dev mode, CF has page rules *wp-admin* and *wp-login* for network primary set to bypass all cache

Additionally when logged in as test user, the Support icon/menu item is NOT shown for ANY sites!!!

The Support icon/menu item IS shown when I am superadmin, I can also use frontend submission as superadmin...?

Support Access is Active at the OregonCannabis.Org network.

Let me know :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Max

Update: As mentioned above, frontend support access/ticket creation does work if using superadmin user; I made a test ticket as superadmin marked as 'Critical', but upon ticket creation it was market as 'Low' - this is a biggie for me, critical tickets need to be able to receive rapid response!

(also, thinking it'd be nice to have the user's display name shown in addition to their username on the frontend ticket - an option to set use of one or other would be gravy)

• wp.network
      • The Bug Hunter

"Additionally when logged in as test user, the Support icon/menu item is NOT shown for ANY sites!!!"

In screenshots below, 'OC Staff' in the first screenshot is the test/client user and the second shows a s-admin user 'GreenThumb' :slight_smile:

I will look at this more in a bit, perhaps try at another network ... will update with any new info :slight_smile:

While WPMUdev Support Access is currently active, I can also send you server creds if you'd like to have a deeper look.

I use https everywhere (including mapped domains) and am running it all through CF (including https mirror cdn - deactivated for this testing). Since Domain Mapping currently has a few bugs with frontend mapping enforcement, I use some custom htaccess to control, the main bits included below:

#BEGIN Remove 'www.' from all Requests
      	RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.+)$ [NC]
      	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1/$1 [R=301,L]
      #END Remove 'www.' from all Requests
      #BEGIN User Reports Control
              RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^page=user-reports [NC]
              RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /?wp-admin/users\.php [NC]
              RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^oregoncannabis\.org$ [NC]
              RewriteRule ^/?wp-admin/users\.php(.*)$ https://oregoncannabis.org/wp-admin/network/users.php$1 [L]
      #END User Reports Control
      #BEGIN Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Com
      	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/?wp-(admin|content|includes|login) [NC]
      	RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ([^.]+)-secure-1\.oregoncannabis\.org$ [NC]
      	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !preview=true [NC]
      	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1.com/$1 [R=301,L,S=2]
      #END Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Com
      #BEGIN Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Net
      	RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ([^.]+)-secure-2\.oregoncannabis\.org$ [NC]
      	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1.net/$1 [R=301,L,S=1]
      #END Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Net
      #BEGIN Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Org
      	RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ([^.]+)-secure-3\.oregoncannabis\.org$ [NC]
      	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1.org/$1 [R=301,L]
      #END Frontend Address Control for Network Subsites with Mapped .Org
      #BEGIN Catch-All SSL Address Control
      	RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
      	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
      #END Catch-All SSL Address Control

Aloha, Max

• wp.network
        • The Bug Hunter

Yes, its network activated.

Yes, as shown in screenshots showing Support System settings above, tickets should only be shown to Pro Site level 1 and above, FAQ should be shown regardless of Pro Site status.

Included below are screenshots showing Domain Mapping settings.

Cheers, Max

• Ignacio
          • HummingBird

Hi @PortlandWP

I believe that the problem is the checkbox "Allow Support only for Pro Users". I have asked Pro Sites developer about that but I don't know when he will answer.

Meanwhile, could you try to uncheck that option and test again?

Cheers.

• wp.network
            • The Bug Hunter

Thanks @Ignacio

That was the thing :slight_smile:

- can you explain this feature? I had thought that "Allow Support only for Pro Users" would be required before then setting the minimum (if any) Pro Site level needed to have access...?

Is it one setting or the other? eg. "Allow Support only for Pro Users" to allow for all users of sites with any Pro status or "Check and select a minimum Pro Site Level to allow Support Tickets in a blog (if unchecked, Support will be available for any blog)" to allow for only users of sites with Pro status of a specified level or above...

Also, in all my tests so far, when a ticket is created from the frontend, it is always marked LOW PRIORITY (creation from backend works ok).

Thanks, Max

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@PortlandWP

Additionally when logged in as test user, the Support icon/menu item is NOT shown for ANY sites!!!

I also got same results with test user and found that the user was registered but was not assigned to any site once I added the user to the main site the support ticket was available.

• wp.network
      • The Bug Hunter

@steve Pershall

This behavior resolved after unchecking the option mentioned above, I did not have to add a user to the primary site.

What I have found is that with, for instance, a test user with Contributor status at one of the subsites but not a user of the primary site, when trying to visit the frontend support area, after logging in via the support area login form, there is a permissions error, which is understandable since the support system is running off site id1 (primary)...

Is this how its supposed to be working, or is the aim to allow such a use?

If the present behavior is basically expected, then the issue is the error message...

It currently states that the user does not have sufficient permissions to get support or open a new ticket - this is NOT true, they only lack the permissions to do those things via the frontend UI at the primary site!

The error for a user who is logged in should be a direction to visit the support area from the admin menu of their site instead.

Thoughts?

Personally, I can imagine getting rather upset seeing an error message like that when I had an active issue and was paying $$ for assured support access for my site/my users... we need something that is confident and reassuring, even comforting :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Max

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Ok, here we go again.

I'm attaching beta4 with several improvements/fixes:

- Emails should be working fine now.

- Pro Sites: Support System was born to give internal support through admin. The frontend changes this so the logical with Pro Sites is kind of obsolete but I've remade the internal logic with Pro Sites. Settings have changed: There's a Pro Sites integration in Support>Settings>General. This will only affect the admin menus in every subsite. I've moved the Pro Users integration to the Frontend tab (see that FAQs option has dissappeared). This will only affect permissions in the front, so there are different options depending on where you are looking at. I think this way is much more logical (don't know if it's the best option yet, but is something coherent)

- As @PortlandWP suggested, when the user is allowed to manage tickets from admin but NOT from front, the message should change and it should read a message with a link to the admin side. Would that work for you?

- Fixed: Priority was not set correctly when submitting a new ticket from the front.

I remind you that I'll be mostly off the next week so I'll release a new beta if needed from 12th Jan.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• landshark
    • Flash Drive

Great work.

I see that the user has the option to select the blog that they are reporting the ticket for but I don't see that selection listed as part of their ticket they submitted. Or am I missing it?

If not Maybe add it to the ticket details box?

Still testing I will post back if I notice anything else.

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

hey @Ignacio the plugin looks amazing !!!

any possibility of replying directly through the emails and still have those appear in WP ?
    ie, currently the user gets a " *** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL *** " which may kind of confuse and throw off novice users.
    i know there is a link offered to reply which is great, but offering both the link and email reply would be even better :slight_smile:

i think this would make it a step closer to robust support systems such as Kayako, SmarterTrack, Zen helpdesk etc.
    - of course in time it would be really robust to include a knowledge base,
    integration with "Chat" etc.

in your above post you mentioned that "(see that FAQs option has dissappeared)"
    is this only for front end or will faqs be ended totally ?
    if the faqs can be searchable, easily add tickets to faqs like originally this could substitute for a knowledge base.

integration with ProSites is definitely a plus !!!
    integration with "Chat" not only for immediate live support but also to schedule/choose a specific day/time
    Site owners may not have resources to have 24hr live chat for all users as well as users may also not be available at any time so a simple schedule and confirm by admin would makes sense for both parties.

• wp.network
      • The Bug Hunter

Site owners may not have resources to have 24hr live chat for all users as well as users may also not be available at any time so a simple schedule and confirm by admin would makes sense for both parties.

Sounds pretty nifty @Randall, I'd give it a +1

Cheers, Max

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @Randall,

Hope you're well today, thanks for your ideas! Definitely all valid ideas and all are possibilities.

FAQ's may be added in a future release for the front-end, though in the initial release they most likely won't be included, this isn't confirmed yet though.

A nice idea on the do not reply to this email and could make a nice addition, added as a feature request. :slight_smile:

Chat integration would also be handy, though chat might need to be updated first to handle private chats/1 to 1 support chats, as currently it's handled by a admin initiating a private chat, or they need to be on your friends list in either BuddyPress or using our "Friends" plugin.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @landshark.

I know ticket details is pretty simple in the front but I'm thinking about adding widgets in that side instead. I'll keep the current box as it is and improve it in next releases. One of the problems with this approach is that Support System was created to submit tickets in a network so every ticket was attached to a subsite. Now this has changed but we need to keep that old approach. A ticket doesn't need to be attached to a blog indeed. We need to rethink it a little bit more.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Good points.

The reply emails feature will be added in the future, don't know when exactly but more users have been asking about it. I'll add some email server settings for that, you cannot reply emails without an email server (POP3, SMTP).

FAQs are only displayed in teh back right now but they will appear in the front in 2.1 version.

Chat is not in our current TODO list but I'll add it as a possible feature.

Thanks.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Question regarding Support provider role. I have a multisite installation. My company is beginning to grow and the FAQ knowledge base is too. I find though that my website subscribers tend to open tickets rather than check the FAQs. I would like to add another person to support, that can help with the lower level questions that are in the knowledge base but I do not want to have to give them super admin role. Is this possible with the new version?

• ashish
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Can client raise tickets by logging in to his own website's admin panel and I resolve tickets by logging in to my website's control panel? Like integrated support system accessible from different domains?

- Client will have access to tickets only raised by him
    - This will allow him to raise tickets and concerns right from his admin panel
    - Great for people who develop wordpress websites for clients (example me)

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi everyone.

We have officially released 2.0 version! I hope you enjoy it. Changes with beta4 are minimum: There have been several minor fixes and a shortcut in admin bar when watching a single ticket in the frontend (only visible for supeer admins/admins)

I'm closing this thread. If you detect anything wrong, please, open a new thread.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.