Support System Email Notification

Just curious as to whether there are any plans to add email notification to the Support System plugin (e,g., email notification to users when a ticket is updated)? I love that it's all integrated in the user's Dashboard, but I wouldn't expect users to have to keep logging into their Dashboard to see if a ticket has been updated. Since many people's email clients are checking mail all day, it would be cool if users could get notification of a ticket update.

Thanks.

• greenplanetfilms
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Oops, don't know how I missed it, but the plugin DOES already have this feature! Darn, you guys are fast!

The plugin will email the admin notification of a new ticket or an update, and will e-mail the user on updates. The only downside is that there's no e-mail piping, for example when the user receives the ticket notification, they cannot just reply to the e-mail. They then have to login to their Dashboard to reply. Another downside is that the email sent to the user does not include a link to their login page or the ticket (whereas the notification sent to admin includes these things). But I'll see if I can hack some code and add that.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

• Marty Thornley
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

One other thing I have noticed... I don't mind that you need to login to reply but the plugin only notifies the last person ro respond, if that last person is not the same as the one leaving the current update.

What this means is that if as the admin taking responsibility, I respond once to say "Looking into it", then the user does nothing, then I come back and respond "Okay, fixed it." the user is not sent a second email. I feel like any message sent from one side should get to the other.

Same idea, and possibly even worse, is that the user could submit a ticket saying "Something broken" the admin doesn't respond right away but the User sends a follow up saying "Please help! My site is really broken!" the admin would never see the second one.

I tried hacking away at it for awhile but could not figure out the logic of how the user id's were stored and used.

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

Thanks for all the suggestions, working on a fix for only notifying the last person to respond (will be notifying all associated with the ticket) and not carrying a link to the ticket in the mail to the user.

@greenplanetfilms

E-mail piping will not work for everyone, would IMAP work for you?

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

@martythornley

Please give the attached archive a try, it should fix the issue with no notification sent to user when admin replies a ticket while awaiting user reply and also the new notification to the user contains a link to the ticket for their convenience.

@greenplanetfilms

I'm working on implementing IMAP to extract replies to tickets. I'll will update here as soon as I have a pre-release.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.