Support System FAQ Direct Link

Hi,

I need a way to direct link to specific FAQ in the FAQ listing page. Rupok suggested that this is possible with custom jQuery code and by grabbing the hash part from the URL and then select the FAQ class based on that, and then addClass() in jQuery.

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Trevor-

Are you looking to have shortcut links above the FAQ page? So when the user clicks on a link, they are directed to the FAQ accordion and it automatically opens to the correct accordion associated with the link?

Let me know how I can help!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Trevor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ken,

I'm looking to directly link to an FAQ and have it auto expanded. For example, I wrote a blog post and in the Post I referenced a topic in the FAQs. I would like to be able to link directly to that FAQ and have it auto expand. Right now the URL for the accordion panel only brings you to the FAQ page and not to the specific FAQ with it auto expanded.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
    Trevor

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Trevor

I apologize for the delay in this thread.

It is not possible to achieve this with the Support System plugin, it can be achieved with custom coding.

Though there are plugins that can expand text on a click. Please have a look at the Collapse-O-Matic and WP-ShowHide plugins.

With these plugins, it is not possible to add a page content, so the FAQ needs to be added manually.

Hope this will help!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.