Support System for Buddy Press Users

Hi Support,

I was really excited to see that there is a support system for users, but, when users sign up, unless they have access to a dashboard, they don't have access to this support system.

Do you know if there is another support plugin for buddy press sites? Or is there a way to make the support system usable for more users?

Perhaps I need to give different permissions to users so they get access to the dashboard. Making some users testers/moderators etc.

Please advise.

Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark (@smarthart)

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid that to use this plugin and submit a ticket to support (you/network admin), the users will need access to a dashboard and be a blog admin of their own site on the multisite network.

You can't be say a group user or standard buddypress user and submit a support ticket, I've just been looking into this to see if there's anything that can do this and it doesn't appear so.

I've moved this to the features and feedback area and alerted the lead developer to the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi smarthart.

Basically, the target of Support plugin is allow the different admins to submit tickets to super admins but, we are releasing soon a new version with a complete recoding so I'll study if this feature could be added or not on the next version.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• smarthart
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for clearing up the purpose of the plugin, perhaps adding this to the documentation may be useful.

As a work around I am going to create a support group in buddy press and use that for community admin.

Best Regards,

Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.