Support System for standard WP?

I was absolutely crushed to install Support System and find that it will ONLY run on MU blogs. This is awful! =(

There is a serious need for this plugin on standard WP installs… I see a few “hel desk” plugins out there but frankly I don’t think any of them really do it right.

What would it take to get Support System released as compatible with non-MU WP? Seems really backwards to have it ONLY be for MU actually.

Hoping maybe this can be knocked out easily!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vanclute,

Thank you for your feedback and for being a WPMU Dev Member!

I do not think this can be made to work in a solo WordPress install due to the way it is structured, but perhaps it is possible for a completely different version to be constructed for solo WordPress installs.

The reason why this particular version needs MultiSite is the way it’s menu system works with the admin of the support system being in the network admin dashboard separated by from the integrated support system the end users see in the site dashboard.

With that said, I will notify the lead developer of your request and move this ticket to the applicable Feature Requests forum so it will be appropriately noticed and possibly get a solution sorted for you in the near future.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• vanclute
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply Joe! I kinda thought it had to do with the navigation structure. But yeah, if a version could be released for solo sites it would be TREMENDOUS! There’s a definite need for this kind of plugin, I see tons of threads in Google of people looking for a good one and precious few that are happy with what’s offered.

Thanks again!

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Indeed yes, the Woo-ers I think only do themes.

I wondered if you had considered a non WP software: http://osticket.com/

Its open source, Ive used it once before and had no issues with it.

Perhaps you could setup some kind of bridge where user registrations are automagically punted over to the osticket user table….not sure how right enuf but Im sure it can be done.

Thanks for the rep points too, mucho appreciated :slight_smile:

• vanclute
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks again for the suggestions. I’m using ZenDesk currently and it works, but I’d sure love to have something all integrated into WP so that one login handled everything for the customer. Zendesk has a “bridge” plugin as well, but I found it clunky to use at best so decided to look for a native WP solution.

Fingers crossed for Support System for standalone WP! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.