Support System improvements

I'd like to suggest a few improvements for the Support System plugin.

I'd like to be able to change some of the text through WordPress menus rather than having to edit the code. For instance, I don't want to call it FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions. I don't want to use it as an FAQ, but more as a place to put tutorial videos for users to know how to use their site.

I don't find the first submenu item for users (Support) to be very helpful. It just lists the five most popular questions. I'd prefer to just eliminate that and have the main support menu item go directly to the FAQ section where I'll have tutorial videos. But if there's a reason to leave it around, it would be nice to have some control over what is displayed on it. For instance, maybe allow me to choose which questions show up on it and how many.

For both the Category Manager and the Question Manager, it would be nice to be able to click and drag the questions and categories around to reorder them.

It would be nice to be able to "close" or hide the individual questions so they don't take up so much space. I have videos in mine and it makes the page long. It would just make things neater if they could be hidden or expanded by clicking.

Clicking "Add New Question" works in kind of a weird way when you're adding multiple questions in one session. It takes you to the editor area where you can add a new question, but if you've just created a question, everything is pre-filled with the last question you added. It was confusing at first because I thought I was editing the previous question.

There are a couple housecleaning type things that should be taken care of too. One example is that the URLs include "incsub". For instance, when users click Support, the URL is ../admin.php?page=incsub_support

And when the click the FAQ, the URL is:
admin.php?page=incsub_support_faq

And for support tickets, it's: page=incsub_support_tickets

The plugin folder is called "incsub-support".

On the Plugins screen, the plugin is called "MU Support System".

• Mason

Hiya,

Yeah, this is an older plugin that could use with a little updating.

On the notes of changing the text you should be able to do that either by creating a translation file and modifying any phrases you don't want, or by using our admin text changer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/site-wide-text-change/

Drag and drop category and questions would be cool.

Clicking "Add New Question" works in kind of a weird way when you're adding multiple questions in one session. It takes you to the editor area where you can add a new question, but if you've just created a question, everything is pre-filled with the last question you added. It was confusing at first because I thought I was editing the previous question.

I don't think that should be happening so might be a bug, will ask the developer to confirm.

I agree, the slugs should be fixed up to not use the word Incsub and we could probably change the name to just Support System - the way it's listed on the site.

We can't change the folder name, however. Doing so would cause real issues for folks upgrading so we're kinda stuck with that for now.

Anyway, I'll pass all of this along. Thanks again for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.