Support System isn't sending emails (still)

Hi, support system doesn’t send email notifications. This issue has been reported many times, and this topic from 5 years ago with a possible solution has gone unresolved for 5 years.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-have-found-why-the-support-system-was-not-sending-email

I have enabled SMTP and all mail functions other than support system works perfectly. The topic above seems to suggest that the issue is related to the username used for sending for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Robert,

Hope you’re doing well.

There were number of changes regarding the email sending and I’m unable to replicate this issue when I changed slugs by using Edit Author Slug plugin.

Could you provide some more information about the changes you’ve made to slugs so I could give it another try and see if I can replicate the issue?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Robert
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I haven’t made any changes to the slugs or anything else regarding the support system.

So you’re saying that in your test environment, the notification emails are being sent? Because they aren’t working on my production site, nor my test environment.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Robert,

The thread you linked above is referring to the issues with changing the slugs by using Edit Author Slug and that being the cause of emails not sending.

I've tested my site with both standard and custom slugs and I couldn't replicate the issue, emails have been sent when I created frontend or backend ticket, below are the screenshots of both of them.

Which FROM email are you using in Support > Settings?

Try using existing email address with your domain there, for example contact@yourdomain.com and see if it works after that.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.