Support System Managing Ticket Details Not Displaying in WP

I have looked in the MYSQL db and under the wp_support_tickets_messages table the first ticket I created is in the db; however, I cannot get the message of the ticket to display when I click on the hyperlinked subject in WP itself in either Firefox or IE. Any ideas as to why this might be? I'm running the latest version of Support System on WPMU 2.8.4a. The FAQ section works just fine.

Example:

Support Ticket Management
Active Tickets Add New Category Archived Tickets

Ticket ID Subject Status Priority Staff Member Last Updated
1 New Blogs New High Unassigned December 7, 2009 9:05 am EST (GMT -05:00)

When I click on "New Blogs," I should see the details of the originally submitted ticket as well as a function to assign it to someone too. Instead, I just see the following (with nothing else displaying):

Support Ticket Management
Managing Ticket Add New Category Ticket Main

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hmm, now that's weird. A few questions:

1) Are the tables in the db?
    2) Are you running Multi-DB?
    3) Which version of WPMU are you running?

The tables for this plugin are:
    wp_support_faq
    wp_support_faq_cats
    wp_support_tickets
    wp_support_tickets_cats
    wp_support_tickets_messages

Thanks,
    Andrew

• ksmith007
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

As I mentioned in my first post, I am running WPMU 2.8.4a. All five tables appear in the MYSQL db; I am not running Multi-DB. As I also mentioned, the wp_support_tickets_messages shows the data that should display within WP - it just doesn't for whatever reason. All other areas function as advertised. :slight_smile:

I may upgrade to 2.8.6 and see if that makes any difference (not that it should). Just weird that only the ticket messages aren't appearing...

• ksmith007
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Upgrading to WP 2.8.6 did NOT resolve the issue and caused one of our other plugins to malfunction, so I reverted back to 2.8.4a.

It is interesting to note that http://blogs.wws.k12.in.us/wp-admin/support.php?page=tickets&tid=1 still displays a blank screen (see screenshot above); however, I switched tid=1 to tid=2 (http://blogs.wws.k12.in.us/wp-admin/support.php?page=tickets&tid=2) and the following screenshot shows Error: Invalid Ticket Selected (expected since that ticket doesn't exist). BUT...the Ticket Details, Ticket History, and Update This Ticket display (all of which should display with the first ticket created).

Any other thoughts?

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hmm, maybe something just didn't get setup correctly in the db. Try removing the plugin and tables from the db. Then re-create the tables using the SQL in sql.txt. After that add the plugin files back in.

so I reverted back to 2.8.4a.

You should really upgrade to the latest version of WPMU. There have been four releases since 2.8.4a and many of those included security patches.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• ksmith007
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I understand the issue of reverting back to 2.8.4a (this is only temporary until our Winter Break).

Regardless, I have completely uninstalled the plugin and dumped the tables from the database. I added the plugin files back and ran the sql.txt from file in our mysql db and the tables were recreated. I still have the same issue.

It just doesn't seem to be a db issue, especially with everything else functioning properly including e-mails being generated. The problem is isolated to ../wpmu-admin.php?page=ticket-manager&tid=1

Does this pull from incsub-support-ticket-admin.php inside mu-plugins/incsub-support/admin-pages/ ?

Additionally, this is the only plugin inside my mu-plugins folder right now. And just to rule out anything else, I have the following installed in these paths after install:

/wp-admin/ has support folder (with contents) and support.php

/wp-content/mu-plugins/ has incsub-support folder (with contents) and incsub-support.php

This is too critical of a plugin for us and one of the main reasons we opted for WPMU Dev Premium.

Please advise.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

I'll need FTP, WPMU (site admin) and PHPMyAdmin access. You can just send the details via our contact form.

Note that I'll be on holiday shortly so the sooner you can send them the better. If I don't have the details today then I'll have to take a look when we're all back from the holiday break on Jan 4th.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• ksmith007
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have upgraded to 2.8.6 and removed all plugins. I added support-system back and still no luck, so I'll await your eyes @Andrew.

Also, I have kept the video tutorial support. I noticed that the link plays for site admin, but not blog admins. I have isolated the issue to incsub-support-videos.php. At the very bottom, I can enter the blogname into the a href path (smithk/wp-admin/support.php?page=videos&video=') and it works. Looks like it needs the blog_id or blogname defined, but I wasn't sure that was right spot.

domain current site = blogs.wws.k12.in.us
    path current site = /

We are using sub-directories as all of our individual blogs have paths such as /smithk/ or /greatoutdoors/

Ex:
    http://blogs.wws.k12.in.us/smithk/
    http://blogs.wws.k12.in.us/greatoutdoors/

• ksmith007
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Andrew,

On behalf of Westfield Washington Schools, thanks for the time and effort you put into resolving the issue. We're looking forward to implementing the support system plugin for our staff blogs when school resumes in January. This would not have been possible without your assistance. Many thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.