[Support System] Massive Page Size (Bandwidth + Page Speed Issues) on WP Admin Side

I am currently preparing my FAQs on localhost. Once finished I will upload them to the live production site. I am experiencing a number of issues related to Page Size (Bandwidth + Page Speed).

My FAQs are designed for novice users and therefore are very basic in nature and so are long with plenty of screenshots (of course the images have been run through SmushPro and appropriate size selected in the Editor).

The issues:
1) The FAQs are all loaded on one 1 page using tabs (wp-admin/admin.php?page=support-faq). Therefore all FAQs are loaded in one go, even though the user will probably only read 1 or 2 FAQs at a time. Is there something that can be done about this? Seems like it hasn't been very well thought through.

2) Each FAQ is within an accordion and all are closed by default. However, once you have opened one, you cannot close it without scrolling down and clicking on the next accordion element. This is OK if the FAQs are very short, but if they are a bit longer such as an when using an ordered list, bullet points or screenshots it can be very annoying. This would be better if they were fully togglable so you can simply click again to close.

In particular we are struggling with the first point. Can the developers fix this and can you recommend a temporary solution in the mean time?

Thank you for any insight / help you can provide.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dean

I am sorry, I am not quite clear about the issues.

#1: Do you mean you want to show some selected FAQs on a page? Like faq from X category or Y category?

#2: Do you mean, as the accordion opens on click, you want to close the accordion on click on the same title?

Also, is it possible for you to upload the site in a live domain, so that we can check too?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dean
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ash

1) The problem is all the FAQs are on one page. That is too many. I can see two possible solutions:

A) Seperate each FAQ on to its on page, or at least seperate each category of FAQs onto its own page.

B) Use ajax to get each FAQ as a user requests it rather than all in one go.

2) Yes. Open and close each FAQ on the same accordion title. This way you don't have to scroll so far down if its a long FAQ.

In terms of number 1 is there any quick / temporary fix to solve this?

Thank you.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Dean

If you navigate to /wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/inc/templates and download the template file you want to customize, you can then upload that template file to /wp-content/themes/{name_of_theme_or_child}/incsub-support/ and it will take precedence over the default templates for the plugin.

Granted, you will need to do some custom coding to get this exactly how you want it, but that's the beauty of plugin templates. It allows you to change the default layout of the front-end presentation without losing your changes with future updates.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Dean
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi James Morris

Thanks for your reply.

The page in question is located here "/wp-admin/admin.php?page=support-faq". As its not on the front-end I don't think templates will work.

Also is it worth creating a feature request to separate FAQs into individual pages, or at least separate categories into individual pages? Will this be considered or is this a maintenance only plugin?

Thank you :slight_smile:

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dean

The page in question is located here "/wp-admin/admin.php?page=support-faq"

Do you mean "/wp-admin/admin.php?page=support-faq-manager"?

But yes, this is admin page, there is no template system for that page.

Also is it worth creating a feature request to separate FAQs into individual pages, or at least separate categories into individual pages? Will this be considered or is this a maintenance only plugin?

Well, if you want we can make a feature request for you. But a feature request is considered for development based on popularity. So, on the feature request thread, if a good number members show interests for that feature, then the developers will add that feature to a module.

Please let us know if you want us to create a feature request. Or even you can create it directly from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/support/#get-support

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.