Support System needs some work.

Just want to give some feedback on the Support System.

I've been attempting to style the support system front-end using my own styles and honestly, it's a nightmare.

Firstly, while changing css is possible for me, it is very user un-friendly and I can't imagine the trouble others less experienced might be having.

While the css is customizable, the whole front-end should be editable via a template file via the user's theme. This is how most good plugins allow their items to be editable. It would allow us to re-arrange and adjust the styling further without risk of a plugin update changing it.

There is un-semantic messy html, with ul's directly under ul's and div after div with classes that are unrelated to their content.
The status of the tickets class should be easily identifiable in the html, such as status-new or status-closed instead of .support-system-ticket-status-3 etc.

E-mail piping, while I saw a ticket for it earlier, should be a high priority because while e-mail generation is great from this plugin, it is also automatic and cannot be turned off. While users are instructed not to reply to the ticket, this does not guarantee they will not. This could mean customers are replying to tickets, not knowing we aren't getting their replies.

On the topic of e-mail, might I suggest putting the notifications as editable in the back-end so we can customize and prettify them into nice html format. Each time their is an update to the plugin I have to replace the plugin's core php with my branding so as my customers don't recieve ugly plain text e-mails.

Just some suggestions that I hope you take on board. This plugin has the opportunity to be great and a front-runner when it comes to support, but needs to up it's game if it has any chance.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

Yes you are right that the front end of the Support System plugin can be customized using CSS. The front end of the Support System plugin is created by using its following shortcodes in the post/page therefore the layout of these posts/pages are managed by your theme which you can customize in your child theme.

Support Page

[support-system-tickets-index]

Submit new ticket Page

[support-system-submit-ticket-form]

FAQs Page

[support-system-faqs]

You can also overwrite these shortcodes by removing them and creating new one using the following WordPress functions.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_shortcode
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_shortcode

On the topic of e-mail, might I suggest putting the notifications as editable in the back-end so we can customize and prettify them into nice html format.

I will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi