Support System Not Displaying Tickets?

I am looking to do some custom stuffs over the top / along side your support system.

I dont think I changed any of your plugin code, but the my tickets area stopped working.

Any idea why this is? I have reinstalled a copy of the latest greatest from your site but the issue remains?

Going forward, if I want to update a template, can I do so in a child theme file copy?

Support Access has been enabled.

Thanks!

• James Morris

Hello Scribblevision,

I hope you are well today.

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file? To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, rename that file to debug.txt and attach it to your reply here as an upload so we can examine it further.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Scribblevision

Hey James,

I have turned on debugging, initially only saw warnings for your wiki plugin. Have now got that disabled for the moment.

I made the changes to get the debug going into a log file but it doesnt appear to be doing anything.

I assume this is because when I just have debug on as normal there are no errors or warnings to display?

Whats interesting is it does display the total number of tickets but it doesnt list them.

• James Morris

Hello Scribblevision,

I hope you are well today.

After logging in and checking your site out more thoroughly, I see you have defined custom page templates for your ticket pages, but those templates were not set in the WordPress editor. Once I set the appropriate page templates for those pages, your tickets would display, however, you have a large amount of PHP notices showing up in your debug related to your custom code. That being said, once I assigned the custom templates to the pages, the tickets do display.

That being said, I see you have a single ticket template defined and added to your ticket, but no matching page associate with it. That's why the single tickets are not displaying when you click on them. Once you create the single ticket page and assign the template to it, your single ticket page should work as well.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Scribblevision

With the single ticket it is supposed to use the my-tickets page as set in the support settings isnt it?

So by defining the index page as my-tickets and having the shortcode on that page it is supposed to pickup the ?tid=123 and show the single ticket instead of the list?

i get what you are saying about having a single ticket template but then i need new code to display that where you plugin handled it

as per my other question - is there a better way to override these templates with my own child theme files?

• Scribblevision

i restored my page single ticket, applied my page template (with code in it stolen from your single ticket tempalte) and it works when clicking through from the my tickets page (again a page template with code in it to replicate your template) because i have the url set to single-ticket/?tid=123 where as the auto email that goes out to users has my-tickets/?tid=123

so i suppose i have it almost perfect i just need to overwrite the email message

what would be the best way to do that?