Support System Plugin Closing ticket issue

I'm testing user experience with this plugin, but for some reason, the user can't check the close ticket box or click the blue update button next to it.

https://stripes.studio/support/?ticket-cat-id=2&tid=2

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ksstudiofx,

I hope you're having a nice day and thank you for your question!

I checked your site and I can see that it's not even that the checkbox and button are not working but they just aren't "clickable". That's a bit strange, I admit. It looks like this part of the form was either "overlapped" with some other (invisible at this location) block or some JS is "blocking" it.

This is the case that we should start with an essential step which is a full theme/plugin conflict test. In order to conduct it please follow the steps from the flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Hopefully, this should start working at some point during the test and that way we would know if a theme or a plugin (and if so, which one) is causing the issue. Knowing it, I would then try to replicate that setup on my end and examine the issue to find a solution.

Could you please perform that test and let me know about its results?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there kstudiofx,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here! :slight_smile:

Good catch about your theme, I inspected the page and I think the following CSS snippet should resolve this.
    .panel { pointer-events: initial !important; }
    Try that either in your theme's "custom CSS" textarea (if any) or in a plugin like this.

About the plugin conflict test, you shouldn't experience any data loss as all plugin settings are being store in your database. There are some plugins which delete all plugin related data upon deactivation (or provide an option in its settings page). This shouldn't be happening with Pro Sites or other WPMUDEV plugins. :thinking:
    Could you please elaborate a bit more on this? Which settings did you lose?

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• kstudiofx

Ah that was perfect Dimitris!!! Thank you so much! As far as what I lost, this time, i lost my payment gateway settings. The last time I turned off the pro sites plugin, I lost the pricing tables information, so all my features and css in the styling custom css as well. :slight_frown: I learned my lesson and kept my css code to an external document just in case it happens again. Oh I also lost all my email notification settings. Yah it's a lot.

• Dimitris

Hey there kstudiofx,

I'm glad that we found a workaround for those sidebar widgets! :slight_smile:

As for the Pro Sites deactivation and activation issue. I made some more tests with that and no matter how many times I deactivated the plugin and activated it again, I was able to see the same settings as before in all pages that you've referred.
    Pro Sites -> Payment gateways -> Stripe
    Pro Sites -> Pricing tables -> Pricing table
    Pro Sites -> Pricing tables -> Feature table
    Pro Sites -> Pricing tables -> Styling

Did you made any other changes between this plugin deactivation and activation?
    Anything considering your database records, like a database optimization?
    Please advise!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello kstudiofx!

That's quite strange, I must say. Like Dimitris, I too have tested that on my Multisite test setup multiple times (I actually do this very often) and never lost any settings like that. I suppose then it has to be related to the specifics of your site.

However, since testing this on a live site would result in more trouble for you, it would be great if you could set up some staging site (that would be a one to one copy of your live site) and see if that happens there too. If so, I'd be more than happy to test it there.

Best regards,
    Adam