Support System Plugin Ticket ID

Hello,

I have installed Support System plugin on my site, it works fine.
But one thing that i really need is Ticket ID, how to add the ticket id feature to the plugin?

Any help will be appreciated, cause i really need it.

• James Morris

Hello Saleh,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

A lot will depend on exactly how you want to implement Ticket ID. Ticket IDs are already a part of Support System, but they are automatically generated.

If you are just wanting to output the Ticket ID to the public page, then you could simply do a template override and customize the template to output what information you want. You can learn more about doing template overrides here -> https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/template_include

The files you would need to copy over to your Child Theme and modify are located at wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/inc/templates.

If you are talking about adding custom Ticket IDs that staff assigns, or displaying Ticket ID numbers in the backend, this would fall under customization, and I'm afraid is beyond the scope of a support ticket. You could place your request on the Jobs & Pros board and a fellow member should be able to assist in that customization without issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos

Hi Saleh ,

The plugin supports it's own templating system and we can take advantage of this in order to add the ticket id :slight_smile:

Although I have attached the folder to copy in your theme I will describe the required steps in case you need further modifications.

First create a new directory incsub-support in your child theme (or theme) so you have the following structure:
    wp-content/themes/your-theme/incsub-support

Now go to plugin and copy the template files you need to modify from folder:
    wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/inc/templates/

In our your case it will be files index-tickets.php and single-ticket.php

Paste them at the incsub-support folder you created in your child-theme.

Now you can modify them and override default templates. You can show the ticket id with the function incsub_support_get_the_ticket_id()

I have attached a zip file containing the incsub-support folder with the two modified files. You can simply extract it and place it in your child-theme and the ticket id should be now visible in front of the ticket title.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.