Support System settings conflicting with wp_title on user sites

So... In an WP Network site, in (looks like - haven't checked all 200+/-) all network sites (but not the 'main' site, in the browser tab, instead of the site title, I'm getting code telling me there's a missing argument 2 in line 144 of the class-query.php file in the inscub-support/inc/classes/ folder

I'm guessing the plugin is using set_wp_title to create titles for support tickets, but it's conflicting with the site title on my user sites...

ideas?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Honor, welcome to the WPMU DEV Community, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Would you have a copy of this error message available? And does it matter which theme is in use here? (also, how many sites have you checked so far)?

Are all of the sites that you checked using the same theme?

And could you please send in the following, so that we can do some deeper troubleshooting here:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Honor

Anyone else learned anything or got any ideas? I'm pretty sure at this point it's a conflict with Elegant Themes "Divi" theme, but that's as far as I got.

Despite the notice above, I'm hearing nothing back, and have had to disable the plug-in because the client wasn't excited about the tab their website was on screaming "Warning!" at their visitors. Well, yeah they were pretty excited, actually, just not in any good way.

But, I can't chase it down nearly as effectively now. So... I'm hoping someone who's had a similar problem sees this and knows where the issue is.

I'm pretty much resigned to having to build a support site under a subdomain, and that's time I'd rather not spend - but, such is life. I guess if anyone knows and replies, I can always switch back.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Honor, my sincere apologies for the delay on this thread!

Thanks a bunch for narrowing down the theme to Divi, I was able to have a look on my end, after a good deal of hunting, I was able to cook up a fix for you in the meantime. :slight_smile:

Could you try replacing lines 144-150 of incsub-support/inc/classes/class-query.php:

public function set_wp_title( $title, $sep ) {
    		if ( $this->is_single_ticket ) {
    			$title .= ' ' . $sep . ' ' . $this->ticket->title ;
    		}

return $title;
    	}

With this:

public function set_wp_title( $title, $sep = null ) {
    		if ( $this->is_single_ticket ) {
    			$title .= ' ' . $sep . ' ' . $this->ticket->title ;
    		}

return $title;
    	}

That got things working properly inside of Divi on my Multisite (while still having the titles work for Support System as they should).

I've also reached out to the developer about this, so that we can look into a more permanent fix (as code changes inside the plugin would be lost on an update).

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Honor

Thank you!

I was out over the weekend, so I didn't get to try the fix before now.

I updated the plugin but still get the error. Any ideas?

I didn't copy the text of the old one, so I'm not sure it's exactly the same, but it's very close if it's not.

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: Missing argument 2 for Incsub_Support_Query::set_wp_title() in <b> /home/maincontrol/public_html/wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/inc/classes/class-query.php</b> on line <b>158</b> <br /> ((and then what -should- be there - the title, a pipe, and the tagline))

• Honor

Thank you! I'll try it again after main business hours :slight_smile:

Without saying I'd be the kind of admin who'd activate over a hundred plug-ins simultaneously, is it fairly safe to assume your plugins and themes won't conflict with each other and would work and play well together?

Every time I find something I need this network to do, it seems you guys have a plug-in that does that - now I just need to climb that learning curve.

• Ash

Hello @Honor

I hope you are well today.

Without saying I'd be the kind of admin who'd activate over a hundred plug-ins simultaneously, is it fairly safe to assume your plugins and themes won't conflict with each other and would work and play well together?

Before releasing a plugin, we try our best to make sure that it won't conflict with any of our plugins or themes. But after all, we are human. I can ensure you that, if something is missed or if there is any conflict reported, we fix the bug as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.