[Support System] Several problems

Hi, i have several problems with support system:

1 The first problem is with User role, support system does not recognize the user role i have created with pods.

2 Is there a way to make the support system exclusive to a sub domain? or at least be able to remove the selection of the list of sites to send the ticket (in the form of the front end)

3 the front end pages of the support system appear with a wrong aspect and also alter the part of the header and footer template (use elementor to modify my pages)

do you have an update program scheduled to improve the functionality?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Edoardo

I hope you're fine today!

1 The first problem is with User role, support system does not recognize the user role i have created with pods.

I just created some role with Pods on my own test site and the role is visible in Support System settings, I can select it. I'm not sure though what exactly do you mean by "not recognize": is it that Support System doesn't even see that role or in some way the role "doesn't work as expected" even though selected?

Can you tell me more about how are you using the role with Support System/what are you trying to achieve? I'll then check your site and test it again on my end to see what might be happening.

2 Is there a way to make the support system exclusive to a sub domain? or at least be able to remove the selection of the list of sites to send the ticket (in the form of the front end)

The Support System can only be network-enabled on multisite. On "Network Admin -> Support -> Settings -> Front End" page you can select on which of the sites it should be displayed but that doesn't limit it - it only selects where it's "putting its front-end on". However, if you select your sub-site there then you can use this shortcode on a "Submit new ticket Page" there:

[support-system-submit-ticket-form blog_field=0]

It will hide block (site) selection causing all the tickets to be assigned to a "default" site.

3 the front end pages of the support system appear with a wrong aspect and also alter the part of the header and footer template (use elementor to modify my pages)

I checked the site that you have assigned to this ticket but it seems that while Support System is installed there, it's not active. I would like to see and check this issue so could you please enable it back and set up the way it was set (I'm referring to this "aspect" issue) so I could take a look at it?

Let me know once it's done, please, and also point me to the sub-site and page where I can see it.

do you have an update program scheduled to improve the functionality?

The plugin provides a basic support system and faq platform and I don't think we are planning any significant extensions to it. We are fixing bugs and WP compatibility issues though. The roles and "aspect" issues are mostly related to the specifics of a 3rd-party plugins and/or the particular site that might need individual troubleshooting.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Edoardo

Thanks for explanation.

The Ultimate Member creates user roles sticking to WP standards. The issue here is that it's a Multisite (which I didn't notice at first, I'm sorry about that).

I've accessed the site and noticed that you got Support System set to use one of the sub-sites and that's fine. However, the Support System is still a network-enabled plugin and that can't be changed. To be able to see the role the role must actually be "network-available". The Ultimate Member on your setup is not active for entire network (probably only for that sub-site but I couldn't check it as I can't access its back-end) and this makes the role visible only on the sub-site it's enabled. This is not a Support System issue but rather a consequence of how WP works.

You'd want to network-enable Ultimate Member and then create your role. The Support System would see it.

As for the display issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't access the thecornicione.com site. I'm not sure about the setup but being logged via support system (which should be giving me a super-admin access) I got a coming soon page on front and the "no permission" error on back-end. I could probably disable the "coming soon" page from network admin but that still wouldn't give me access to back-end which might actually be helpful in finding out what's "messing this up".

That being said, would you be able to adjust site settings in a way that would give me access to the back-end of that sub-site or, alternatively, provide me with necessary direct login credentials (login url, username and password) for that sub-site so I could access it on an admin level? You can safely put that information in a text box right below the "Access active for X days" on the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page. It won't be published anywhere in public so just let me know here when it's done and I'll check the site again.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.