support system Staff rappresentative users

Hi there, I'm using your "Support System" plugin.

I have a problem 2 problems.

First one
I would like to create some users, one for each administrative task, for example the "commercial" user to manage "commercial issue".... etc...

In order to include the "commercial" user into the "Staff Representative" I have to setup the commercial user like "super admin".

That's not so good for me... because other users don't know how to manage the network.
Does anyone knows how to include normal user into the "Staff rappresentative" list?

Second problem: is it possible to link category (maybe in the future) to a specific user without manually change the "Staff rappresentative" field?

Thank you very much for your support

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @davide.peri

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions

I would like to create some users, one for each administrative task, for example the "commercial" user to manage "commercial issue".... etc...

In order to include the "commercial" user into the "Staff Representative" I have to setup the commercial user like "super admin".

I have just checked this on my own test install and currently it doesn't appear like there is a way around it unfortunately, I'll flag the lead developer for his valuable input.

Second problem: is it possible to link category (maybe in the future) to a specific user without manually change the "Staff rappresentative" field

Link a category of the representative automatically depending on a setting within their site or something else?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @davide.peri.

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately the plugin does not behave in that way as just Super Admins can manage tickets. The tickets are managed from the Network Admin screen and just Super Admins are allowed to see it. I'll talk to other colleagues about your idea and we'll see how could we code it.

About the categories stuff, that's a little easier in a first thought so I could add it in next releases :slight_smile:

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @davide.peri.

We just released a new version of the plugin. There's a new feature that could be helpful for you. If you go to Tickets categories you can assign a Super Admin to any category so every time a user opens a new ticket, it will be assigned to that Super Admin.

Could you check it and tell us if is working fine for you?

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• davide.peri
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ignacio, thank you very much for your reply.
    I'm sorry but I had to change plan to manage this task.
    What I need is something different from your plugin upgrade.
    A single "support category" should be assigned to a non super admin user.
    I cannot give a super admin user Role to users that can damage the network.

Thank you very much!
    Davide

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @davide.peri

The problem is that only Super Admins can access to Network menu and that's something that I cannot change. We are currently working on an update in Support System to let users see tickets in the front-end. That would solve your issue but is a big change and is taking long, so I cannot give you an ETA about this.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.