[Support System] Shortcode for index of tickets is not displaying tickets on the frontend.

The short code for displaying an index of support tickets (e.g., [support-system-tickets-index]) is not displaying any tickets. It only displays the actual number "3", representing the number of dummy support tickets I've created -- doesn't actually display the individual ticket subjects or other information. Is this default behavior on the frontend, or is something amiss? Everything seems fine on the backend.
It's a multisite setup. I've tried changing the site id, as well as the theme used, with no change in the outcome. Any ideas?

  • jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

    Hello Xbladerunner,

    I hope everything is going well. I would be happy to help you troubleshoot the support system. To do that I will need to be able to access your website through support access. Could you please enable Support Access?

    We have a guide here to walk you through the process if you are unfamiliar with granting support access. https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

    Once you do that please respond to this post that you have enabled Support Access so I will know and then I will be able to take a look.

    Thanks!

    Jeremy

  • jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

    Hi Xbladerunner,

    I hope things are going well. I took a look at your site, and this looks like it might be a plugin/theme conflict. We will need to narrow down and find out what might be the culprit and to do that we will need to perform a conflict test.

    First, create a backup of your site in case you lose any settings during the test and have to restore to a previous working state.

    Then deactivate all plugins and MU-plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard and Support System, clear all caches and check again if the issue is still there. Check and see if the support pages work and if they are still not working, your theme might be conflicting. If the pages are working it means that a plugin is conflicting, so start activating the remaining plugins, one by one this time, checking every time, until you find that the support pages aren't working, thus finding the conflicted combination.

    The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

    If this is a live website with traffic, it would be a good idea to create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, and perform the test in there instead without worrying about the live site.
    Reference: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

    Once you find the conflict, let us know so that we can proceed from there.

    Jeremy

  • xbladerunner
    • Syntax Hero

    Done. It is the SmartCrawl (WPMU DEV) plugin that is causing the conflict. Everything works fine when that plugin alone is disabled. Is this something you are able to verify in your own development environment? I can abandon my use of SmartCrawl, but would obviously prefer an update to the plugin that fixes the conflict. If I can be of assistance let me know.

    One thing I noticed is that the css was garbled whenever I activated "Use Support System styles", regardless of which theme was activated. Activated or not, the index page of support tickets was not working on the front end -- BUT with SmartCrawl deactivated, not only does the index page of support tickets work, but also the "Use Support System styles" looks great. Maybe this piece of information will help discern what specifically is causing the conflict.

  • jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

    Hi Xbladerunner,

    I can confirm that same response on my test site, and I will report it to the developer.

    Fortunately, though, we have a quick fix that you can implement now. You will need to access your wp-config.php file via FTP or through your host's management program like cPanel. You will want to add the following line to your wp-config.php file just before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment:

    define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

    That resolved the issue on my test site and should work for you.

    Thanks!

    Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.