Support System: Support through email? Users have to be logged-in?

Couple of questions on this plugin...

- Is there a way that allows the ticket to come through in an email and can be replied to via email as well? My customer service team deals with everyone via email and if a ticket is submitted, they'd prefer to reply to the email and conduct support that way.

- When looking at my support ticket page in an incognito window, it won't let me even fill out the form unless I am logged in. It links to /wp-admin/ to login. If a customer is looking to submit a ticket, they'll need an account? Will logging in to /wp-admin/ work for customers that sign-up for an account on my site?

• Rupok

Hi Dan,

- Is there a way that allows the ticket to come through in an email and can be replied to via email as well?

I'm afraid, this won't be possible with Support System plugin. This plugin sends you a nifty email in your inbox letting you know there was a ticket submitted. This email is a ticket notification email only. You can’t reply to the email and must respond directly from the Support Ticket Manager Screen. You will also get emails when tickets are updated and answered!

Our plugin description page says:

It’s easy to lose track of support requests in a crowded email inbox. Support System makes it easy to keep track of conversations with clear threads, staff assignments, email notifications and searchable archives.

So you can't create a ticket automatically by sending an email. And also can not reply to any ticket via email, I'm afraid.

If a customer is looking to submit a ticket, they'll need an account? Will logging in to /wp-admin/ work for customers that sign-up for an account on my site?

Yes, if any of your customer is looking to submit a ticket, they will need an account on your site.
    If the user (who login through /wp-admin/ ) has any user role which is not check-marked in "Dashboard > Support > Settings > User roles that can open/see tickets" option, then he can't open/see any ticket. So it's safe to put check-mark on all available users roles. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

When all available user roles are check-marked here and saved, all your users (who can login through /wp-admin/) will be able to submit and see tickets.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Dan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

One other question - will a user be able to access their tickets from anywhere outside the link in the email notification?

User will still need to log in to their dashboard to view the links provided in the email notification, other than that there isn't any other access outside the links shown in the email, user still has to log in to their dashboard to view their ticket.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.