[Support System] Website get disappear from WPMU Dev Hub if there is a problem on website.

Hi,
It's just a general question.
If by any reason WP Website gets crashed. It also gets disappear from the WPMU Dev Hub. So, in this case, how can I recover a website from backup?
is it possible that if a website get hacked or crashed by some reason i take it back from backup that is stored on your server?

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Azam Gill

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The site shouldn't instantly "disappear" from The Hub unless it was disconnected and removed manually from The Hub. Therefore, if you didn't remove it you should still be able to access The Hub directly and under the "backup" tab you can download the backup file and an installer file that would let you easily restore the site from scratch. That is, if you do have a Snapshot plugin active and Managed Backups configured.

However, if you want to be "extra safe" you could also periodically download those backup files and an installer file from The Hub to your own local computer so you'd always have a copy, no matter what would happen.

The Snapshot also includes second backup too "snapshots" which would let you create additional backups that you can store e.g. on your Dropbox or Google Drive account so those would also be available regardless whether you got access to The Hub backups. That'd be another addition to "backup availability/security".

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Azam Gill

Hi Adam,
    Thank you for your detailed reply.
    Actually, I have maintenance contracts with my clients, And I love your backup services but worried about how can I recover it when there is a disaster. I have the plan to expand my business. So that need everything must be on autopilot. Downloading and keep backups for each website will be impossible in future If I got about 100 websites.

My concern is if my website gets down by any reason hacked or due to some bad plugin. Why Wpmu Dev also remove it from the Hub? Is there no way to keep it on the hub even it's discounted from the website? Also if a website gets a disconnect then all backups get removed from your backup system?

Thanks a lot
    Azam Gill

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Azam,

If your site goes down it shouldn't be removed from the Hub right away, Hub will try pinging the site for two weeks and if there's no response from the site in that time then it will be removed from the list of your sites.

Backups are also stored for 30 days, so even if your site is not shown in your profile you can go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/account/ page and scroll down to All Backups links where you can find all of your backups from the last 30 days.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.