Support Team I use Domain Mapping Plugin to map domain, How

Hey,WPMUDEV Support Team

I use Domain Mapping Plugin to map domain, How can user have there own email ?

Ex. User's domain name: user.com
User's email address: info@user.com

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Saratit

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can't provide them email if you are not host of those domains. But they can use google apps to host their domain. Also, zoho.com is a free emails service, they can use that. They just need to change MX data in his domain panel to point to the mail server.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Saratit

I hope you are well today.

If you want to provide email services, then you can use cPanel (paid) or Sentora (free).

There are lots of open source hosting control panel for free, but reliable. But the problem will be you need to set those panels up in a fresh VPS (with just the OS).

Also, in that case, you need to host the mapped domains as a Addon domain or parked domain.

But my suggestion will be to use as separate email server like zoho.com to minimize load from your web server.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• amused
    • friend of Bill. W.

i remember some time ago requesting this to be included with ProSites but seems not much people have the same interests.

if this is really something you want, to easily offer to your clients on the front end you can try;
    http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/enom_email/features
    http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/rackspace_email_extended/features

of course these require WHMCS which adds to maintenance and expense but can nicely be provisioned with ProSites via;
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

• Jim
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ashok,
    I do have a question. I registered the domain with ONLINENIC and when I followed the FAQ, they told me to point DNS to dns-diy.net for changing the MX record.
    The email function was working but the main site can't be accessed because NS record wasn't worked.
    How could I solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Saratit

I hope you are well today.

In that case, you will need to use a dedicated IP instead of NS record. The dedicated IP should be pointed to the main site. That means, when you enter the IP in the browser, the main site should be loaded.

There might be another way, I am not a server expert I am sorry. You may discuss with your host, they may give you better advice regarding this situation.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.