Support Ticket system plugin issue

I am using the multiDB plugin and I know I set up the global tables right, but the only thing that seems to be working is the email notification. The support ticket wont show open tickets in any of the admins even when I test it.
checking the error logs I see that they tickets are trying to access different db's . so I tried a dump with the added sql.txt directly into globals db but it still did not seem to work. should I have did the dump first then activated the support system by visiting the link in admin?

or am I doing something else wrong all together?

the only other thing I did not do was drop the screenshots in the root directory, thought they were redundant?

thanks for any help.
Tony V

• TonyV
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

add_global_table('system_faq_cats');
    add_global_table('system_tickets');
    add_global_table('system_tickets_cats');
    add_global_table('system_tickets_messages');

I have other add_global_table additions that are currently working fine like

add_global_table('wp_mass_mailer');

and actually the email is working... I get an email notification. but when I log into admin, there is no ticket. that is where the issue is.

and error logs say

WordPress database error Table 'ichangedthis_d41.wp_users' doesn't exist for query

I added in "ichangedthis" so I dont show username of my main server.

so, even though I added as global table in db-config it seems it is trying to look in the wrong place for this user... still wondering if I have my db-config set up right... or another issue. I have the mult-db set up with over 4000 db's.
    maybe I can have you look at my db-config file?

thanks.
    Tony V

• TonyV

well I just found this bit in my db.php line 108

var $global_tables = array('blogs', 'signups', 'site', 'sitemeta', 'users', 'usermeta', 'sitecategories', 'registration_log', 'blog_versions');

should I have added 'system_faq_cats', 'system_tickets', 'system_tickets_cats', 'system_tickets_messages'
    in here?

and on line 110 I see this

/**
    * Connects to the database server and selects a database
    * @param string $dbuser
    * @param string $dbpassword
    * @param string $dbname
    * @param string $dbhost
    */

should this be uncommented?
    as well as this?
    function wpdb($dbuser, $dbpassword, $dbname, $dbhost) {
    /* Multi-DB Remove
    if( defined( "WP_USE_MULTIPLE_DB" ) && CONSTANT( "WP_USE_MULTIPLE_DB" ) == true )
    */
    //$this->db_connect();

Thanks.
    Tony V

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

should I have added 'system_faq_cats', 'system_tickets', 'system_tickets_cats', 'system_tickets_messages'
    in here?

Nope, leave that area alone. You need to add the tables to the "Global Tables" section.

Ex:

should this be uncommented?
    as well as this?

Leave commented out lines alone :wink:

Thanks,
    Andrew

• TonyV

Thanks Andrew.

are you talking about the global tables section in db.php line 28 that says;
    $global_tables = array ($table_prefix . 'blogs',$table_prefix . 'blog_versions',$table_prefix . 'registration_log',$table_prefix . 'signups',$table_prefix . 'site',$table_prefix . 'sitecategories',$table_prefix . 'sitemeta',$table_prefix . 'usermeta',$table_prefix . 'users');

?

as I mentioned I already have ;

add_global_table('system_tickets_cats');
    add_global_table('system_tickets_messages');

in db-config.php

thanks.
    Tony V

• TonyV

Andrew,
    thanks that was it exactly. Did not look at the directory. just went with the default set up in the plugin.
    I see that the video library is disabled, is there an easy way to enable it?
    thanks.
    Tony V

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

I see that the video library is disabled, is there an easy way to enable it?

We removed the videos to make the plugin a bit easier to maintain. Most of the code is still in there if you want to re-enable it but you'll have to modify it to work with the newer videos.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.