Supporter 2.0.2

Ok all, 2.0.2 version of supporter has been released:

- Fixed supporter widget bug added in 1.6.3: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-20/page/2#post-18643
- Added ability for site-admins to activate ANY plugins for a blog
- Added "Supporter (auto-activate)" option for plugins
- Made the plugins page message editable in settings

Get it here, and be sure to overwrite supporter-framework.php and supporter-plugins.php:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter

Report any bugs in this thread...

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

- Added ability for site-admins to activate ANY plugins for a blog

Awesome. Many thanks for the quick update, and adding the Admin plugin activation ability! However ... (sorry)

An attempt to activate plugins on a non-supporter blog resulted in the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function deactivate_plugins() in /home/tripawds/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-plugins.php on line 147

Clarification: I got the above error when selecting multiple plugins and using the bulk activate action. Upon activation individual plugins, no error was thrown. But this message gets displayed, which is contradictory to your "activate ANY plugin" statement above...

As a Site Admin you can activate any plugin other than those marked as supporters only (because they would be deactivated).

• nickd32
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Aaron, can you help me understand what the options under "Premium plugins" mean? Here are my guesses:

Supporters (Auto-Activate)
    -> Plugin gets activated automatically when user becomes a Supporter? Or does plugin get activated when new blog gets created?

None -> No one except admin even sees these plugins?

• RomeoLab
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Qlof,
    yeah, i tryied to translate the version 2.0.1 and everything works. Just use poEdit (not localization plugin) and save (ignore the two errors) the files po/mo at wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-files/languages

they have should be renamed supporter-sq_AL.po/mo (sq_AL are for the Albanian language). Give a try

• RomeoLab

Qlof, the localization plugin is for the normal plugins but not for the MU-PLUGINS. I tryied with it, and the Supporter plugin shows me in the setting, but after scanning the plugin didn't find any String to translate :slight_smile: That plugin is used only for normal WP plugins. It will be nice if the developer makes a version for WPMU plugins too...

I tryied to contact him but he seems to be away from this project and don't answer.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Yeah it's supposed to, but I have also been running into that problem. If you edit load_muplugin_domain to load_plugin_domain the localization plugin will find it. I've contacted the author of the plugin about this (1-2 months back) but I don't know if anything is being done to update the plugin.

• TeamFUtd

Currency mismatch...

Paypal Currency set to Euro, and correct in the text message, but not the Payment values.
    Appears to be the same in Paypal Sandbox & Live
    Text message currency changes correctly, but the payment values are set in $

In wp-admin/supporter.php the message is:

$3 Per Month
    Become a Supporter with a twelve month recurring subscription (for 36.00 EUR every twelve months):
    $36.00
    12 Months
    $0.1 per day
    Via PayPal:

this is in Supporter 2.0.1 - would it be any different in 2.0.2?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Text message currency changes correctly, but the payment values are set in $

Sorry guys about that. I guess it's hard for me to think in something other than dollars. The text is hardcoded in for the $ signs. What do you suggest I do to make it work for you? Should I just make the $ sign an extra text field you can change in settings? Note I don't want to tie it to PayPal currency as the Amazon gateway only supports USD.

To fix for now you can just do a find/replace in supporter-framework.php for the $ sign (and supporter-bulk-upgrades.php if you use it).

Please note that the Paypal button code is correct, and will checkout in the selected currency.

• Aaron
    • CTO

To fix for now you can just do a find/replace in supporter-framework.php for the $ sign (and supporter-bulk-upgrades.php if you use it).

Strike that, or you'll replace all php variables! Try adding a > before it (as they all have a tag before it.

Find and replace '>$' to '>€' for example.

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Might have discovered another glitch here ...

We just had our first Supporter subscribe since the 2.0.2 plugin upgrade, and their quota was not increased.

I ensured supporter-quota.php was in place, and the admin option was already set to 1026MB after the member expressed concern that her dashboard said only 25MB. Looking into it via the edit blog screen, the quota field was indeed blank, resulting in the site default being applied.

If it makes any difference, I believe the user selected the "interested" option at sign-up. When upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I did not run the SQL since the db alteration had already been done.

Any thoughts?

• Aaron
    • CTO

I ensured supporter-quota.php was in place, and the admin option was already set to 1026MB after the member expressed concern that her dashboard said only 25MB. Looking into it via the edit blog screen, the quota field was indeed blank, resulting in the site default being applied.

I can confirm. If an individual blog has not had a special quota applied via the blog edit screen, the quota is not filtered/increased. Temporary fix: apply any custom quota via blog edit and it will start filtering. Note this bug only affects new supporters as previous versions of plugin set a custom quota. That's why I didn't catch it.

2.0.3 coming...

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Aaron do you think you could add Swedish to the PayPal option in this version? I know you guys have SEK så a redirect to the Swedish paypal would be nice. I've added it manually in the past version but it's hard to remember when updating. I believe its /se/.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for adding a textdomain to this plugin. It's very appreciated!

I have a few questions:

How does a non-subscribing member knows when the supporter status ends? Is there an alert the last days or something like that?

What happens if someones supporter access expires and they are using supporter plugins and themes?

Aaron not sure what you meant conserning this one but is the "activate all" and "deactivate all" options in this plugin?

• Aaron
    • CTO

How does a non-subscribing member knows when the supporter status ends? Is there an alert the last days or something like that?

No, we've never had that feature. People can view their expiration on the supporter screen. I think most people use subscriptions.

What happens if someones supporter access expires and they are using supporter plugins and themes?

Plugins will deactivate. Themes will currently not. Do you think we need to add that feature?

Aaron not sure what you meant conserning this one but is the "activate all" and "deactivate all" options in this plugin?

It's not. Only auto-activate when one becomes a supporter.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Any chance that you would add a limit for create blog into the supporter-buddypress.php plugin, similar to the limit for create group and send message features?

Doesn't really make sense as supporter status is tied to blogs, so any new blogs created would not be a supporter anyway. More opportunity to make money.

• joshmac
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Plugins will deactivate. Themes will currently not. Do you think we need to add that feature?

I would say no, unless you can add a feature that will reset the blog's theme to a default one that is not a premium theme. Or it can deactivate once they choose a different theme and then that premium theme is no longer available unless they renew as a supporter. Otherwise, I think it will cause blank issues to occur. But I could be wrong.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

^ If you remove a theme wpmu will go back to default. Something similar could happen. But I don't think the theme should be deactivated by default. If a function like that is added it should be optional.

I would like the "automatica follow up emails for new users" to have the option to send emails X days after someone becomes a supporter :slight_smile:.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Very strange that the localization plugin won't find the language files or the text to translate even though it's changed to plugintextdomain. But just like you said, it can be translated in poedit.

This line isn't translatable though: Premium plugins are only available to Supporters. Why not become a Supporter today?

It's not in the framework file though. It's no problem translating it in the file for me, but maybe other users aren't as comfortable editing the files.

Question: Is there any harm in changing this line:

for ( $counter = 1; $counter <= 300; $counter += 1) { to i.e. 500? $ = 7 SEK so... :slight_smile:

I got this warning in the bulk upgrade:

Warning: Division by zero in ~/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-bulk-upgrades.php on line 530

Warning: Division by zero in ~/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-bulk-upgrades.php on line 535

Warning: Division by zero in ~/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-bulk-upgrades.php on line 540

I haven't changed any settings for it yet but I thought I'd point it out.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

I found an other issue.

It seems like the new Supporter plugin doesn't support foreign characters. I use åäö which are swedish letters and they aren't saved correctly. The text in forms saved before the update is correct but not new text.

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Just reiterating a feature request for future Supporter update...

We could really use a list of active Supporter blogs somewhere in the Admin. We like to announce each new supporter to our community, but just received a subscription from an email address found nowhere in wpmu-users. :-\

Bet you didn't foresee that ever happening! How could it? Anyway, without a list of Supporters we have no way of telling what blog upgraded. Thanks for the consideration.

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Getting this error alot:

[10-Nov-2009 16:42:30] WordPress database error Table 'databasename.wp_domain_mapping' doesn't exist for query SELECT domain FROM wp_domain_mapping WHERE blog_id = '46' ORDER BY id LIMIT 1 /* domain mapping */ made by login_header, do_action, call_user_func_array, domain_map->build_logout_cookie, domain_map->build_cookie

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

first number before the _ is the blog id

Thanks for the clarification about that "Custom Number" reference is new subscriber email! We just got our second user in a row who used their spouse's PayPal account for their subscription.

Modifying the email to include the blog id – or clarify what you just did – may be a good compromise to listing all Supporters for admins, though I do believe that would still be nice to have.

FYI: I'm still running 2.0.2 and just noticed the Supporter - Auto Activate option is not saving when updating Premium Plugins. All other options will save, but when setting a plugin to auto-activate for supporters, the option reverts to its previous setting when saved. Was this issue addressed in 2.0.3? I didn't notice it mentioned above.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Modifying the email to include the blog id – or clarify what you just did – may be a good compromise to listing all Supporters for admins

That number is used by the plugin, and unfortunately Paypal only allows one custom field so we can't customize their email any more. It's just a good tip to know in case you need to match a payment in paypal to a blog.

• fiddyp

I think I had better get 2.04
    I just got a paypal message about a subscription going through but the custom number shows 108_1_5.00_GBP_1256870278 which has a unix time of 30 oct 2009 and the payment was made on 20 november 2009.

am I right in assuming that the timestampt that is part of the custom number the expiry date?

if so, is that a known issue or just something on my side?

• fiddyp

some more info:
    the supporter joined on 29 oct with a monthly subscription
    the first month until 29 nov was showing them as a supporter (bid 108)
    the recurring subscription for 1 month went through on 29 November and I received the money and paypal notification.

the wp_supporter_transactions table shows the first payment (image)

the wp_supporters shows the blog as supporter but with unix timestamp 1259552304 which is 30 november.

it appears the 2nd payment wasn't picked up and added to the transactions.
    is there a way to test the gateway script to see if it's processing the correct things? eg. a html form I can fill in and send as post to the file to see what it spits out..

• Aaron
    • CTO

108_1_5.00_GBP_1256870278

The timestamp in that string is just when the subscription was created. It isn't used again though it is sent with every payment.

the wp_supporter_transactions table shows the first payment

That table is no longer used in Supporter 2.0 +, which is why you only see the first payment in the db (it was before you upgraded).

Please check if blog 108 is a supporter (the subscription renewed). If you pull it up in the admin you should see when it will expire (hopefully December 29/30 if the payment was applied).

If that blog is expired even though the payment was received, then we'll troubleshoot further.

• fiddyp

108_1_5.00_GBP_1256870278

The timestamp in that string is just when the subscription was created. It isn't used again though it is sent with every payment.

ah ok. that makes sense

the wp_supporter_transactions table shows the first payment

That table is no longer used in Supporter 2.0 +, which is why you only see the first payment in the db (it was before you upgraded).

good, glad it's not a weird db thing.

blog 108 was showing as a supporter on the supporter widget on 30 November and it dropped off on 1 dec. when I view the blog in the admin blog list, it only shows a link to extend the supporter.

wp_108_options has supporter_signed_up as 0

global table wp_supporter_daily_stats shows 29 november having 1 more supporter and one less expire than 30 november

global table wp_supporter_signup_stats is currently empty. Prolly because no supporters have signed up since I upgraded from 2.01 to 2.03

global wp_supporters shows 108 as expiring on 1259552304 (30 Nov '09)

I have the affiliate plugin and also the other supporter.php file in affiliatelite/plugins/ and have made a very minor edit to it. (image)

I have version 1.6.2 of supporter-paypal.php in the root folder.

blog 108 is the only supporter who has made a subscription payment after their initial one (other supporters paid for longer blocks of time but cancelled the subscription to paypal)

thanks for helping!.

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Wasn't sure if I should start a whole new topic for this, but here's a thought for a future release...

How 'bout adding an option in the Supporter Badge widget code where Admins could include and activate a link they want visited if members click the badge shown on any Supporter blog? Just like we add the image url, we could add an href and turn it on with a true value or uncommenting something. Make sense?

The easiest way would seem to be to just allow us to add any arbitrary URL. For instance, we have a page describing enhanced Supporter blog features that we would love people to review when clicking the badge. A trickier method might be to direct clicks to the Supporter dashboard tab, but then we have to deal with non-members and those without blogs.

A bonus would be the ability to add title text for the link. And of course, we would want this to work for all Supporter Badge widgets already added to existing blogs.

Am I making sense? Anyone else like the idea? The plugin needs to be edited for Update Notifications anyway, so I figured now would be a good time to ask! :wink: Thanks for the consideration.

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

...just edit the widget

In all honesty, I hadn't even looked at the code and didn't realize it would be so simple. I figured that's why we pay for membership! :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the advice. For anyone wanting to do this, just wrap the img with your link code at line #61 of widget-supporter-badge.php.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.