Supporter 3.0 Beta release - Help us test!

Hey guys, here is an exciting announcement many of you have been waiting a very long time for!

Here is the early beta release of Supporter 3.0, now renamed "Pro Blogs". We have a ton of new features in this, it has been completely rewritten from the ground up:

- Pro Blog Levels!!!!!!!! And every optional module has full level support
- Coupons
- Permanent Pro Blog status switch
- Premium plugins/themes get removed on downgrades/cancelations
- Better stats
- Better blog management
- More customization/rebranding power
- Email notifications
- Every module spruced up and improved
- Front end checkout
- A new, incredibly powerful PayPal Express Checkout and Pro gateway:
Accept credit cards directly!
Allows modifications, level upgrades, payment plan changes, and cancelations by the user.
Powerful admin management: Process refunds, cancelations, partial refunds, and keep track of everything for the blog via a detailed audit log.
- And a whole lot more i've forgotten about!

So first off a warning, this is very early beta, and the plugin is so incredibly complex there's a good chance you may see the occassional php error, or a feature doens't work how it's supposed to. This is most true with the advanced checkout process, it has only had minimal (well days) of testing, but I need your help to work out the kinks.

So for now, please do not use on a live site unless it's real small and you can afford to work through problems your users experience.

Some things to know:
- install in plugins and network activate
- remove all supporter files first
- Single payments are no longer supported, only subscriptions now (I may add them back later)
- The Amazon gateway no longer exists, it wasn't powerful enough for the levels and such (I may add it back if there is demand)
- If you have existing user subscriptions with the old paypal or Amazon gateways, make sure to copy the backwards compatibility IPN handlers to your webroot from the gateways folder.

I think that's it, please please test, and report bugs here so I can work them out.

Thanks, and have fun!

• willy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello,

I try to use supporter, have problems, and Aaron says, wait for this. I put up this beta and seems to more robust, and nice. Thanks
    But I want to translate this (this is my previous problem) and this module have 663 strings to translate, but this found in 5 textdomain (default, mp, pm, wpmudev, pblgs), If i make a patch to all 663 string come from pblgs you will include this in this work early state? If not, i can't translate this, and i can't test this.
    Thanks!

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

mmmm loving it already.

But haumm... Where shall we enter the ads codes and set where they appear ? Did not found any place for that !

In adition, well... ^^ a racoon for moneybooker :wink:

Oh yes some enhancement (simple) : the theme screenshot on setting up premium theme would be really a PLUS just essential. Setting premium themes on 400 themes without seeing them is just a mess :wink:

• jphogbin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I can activate ok but as soon as I go to the settings page I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home2/diycus/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 276

• wotacharlie

Any chance of a option to have levels that includes only the themes and plugins assigned to that level, rather than also including all the plugins in the levels below.

For instance - I have a number of Genesis child themes available and it would be good if I could have a package that allowed anyone wanting access to the Genesis Level to be offered all the plugins that work specifically with Genesis themes. These plugins would then not be available to users with different themes, as they obviously can't be used.

It would also mean that you could create say an e-commerce package with just the themes and plugins needed for running an e-commerce site, rather than making this the highest level and giving the user access to all the plugins. Sometimes users need saving from themselves and it would be nice to never given them the option of activating all 200 plugins.

Also if I know that a plugin causes a problem with a particular theme or other plugin I can ensure that they are never in the same level.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

mmm If I understand quite privative levels, in fact package instead levels hum ?

Means that pack "ecommerce" will activate some things, pack "cms" others things but not as "levels", without activating the other themes/plugins ?

mmmmm Yes, that is good....

Package instead level didnt thought about that way !

Could be an option in settings : packs or levels !

+1 !

• Aaron
    • CTO

But I want to translate this (this is my previous problem) and this module have 663 strings to translate, but this found in 5 textdomain (default, mp, pm, wpmudev, pblgs), If i make a patch to all 663 string come from pblgs you will include this in this work early state?

Ya, thanks for catching those. And thanks for the patch, will use it.

will any statistics feature,like as plug-in edublogs?

Yes, the stats are improved from the last version. I'll attach a screenshot in a bit.

But haumm... Where shall we enter the ads codes and set where they appear ? Did not found any place for that !

This is still in the separate supporter ads plugin. I think it will be good to merge them though, no?

In adition, well... ^^ a racoon for moneybooker :wink:

Ya, more gateways are in the future, though I don't know of any with the power of paypal for backend management.

Oh yes some enhancement (simple) : the theme screenshot on setting up premium theme would be really a PLUS just essential. Setting premium themes on 400 themes without seeing them is just a mess :wink:

Good idea.

I guess,have a bug,
    when enable paypal Pro options once,can't disable.

Good catch, fixing up now.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home2/diycus/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 276

Does the error still appear when you save the settings?

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

@wotacharlie:

For instance - I have a number of Genesis child themes available and it would be good if I could have a package that allowed anyone wanting access to the Genesis Level to be offered all the plugins that work specifically with Genesis themes. These plugins would then not be available to users with different themes, as they obviously can't be used.

I agree with your suggestion. However, in the case of Genesis, you can already do this yourself by including any desired Genesis plugins in the themes' functions.php files. This also has the benefit of not requiring users to activate the plugins because they're automatically there when the theme is activated.

I know, this isn't a substitute for what you suggested, but I just wanted to recommend it as a stopgap fix in case it helps.

Mark

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm wondering:

Is there a function to block access to the front end if a blog is unpaid (preferably with a grace period and a configurable page for blocked sites)?

Also, can this restrict access to the Dashboard until a user signs up for a paid plan?

• Aaron
    • CTO

We have a "Pay to Blog" module that will be coming soon that will do this, we're merging the two plugins together.

A cool new feature though is that when they expire they will automatically be sent to the checkout untill they resubscribe or click the dismiss link.

• ffdltd

Hey Aaron,

Great work on the new version of the plug-in, looks good so far!! :smiley:

One thing I am unsure about is sending users to a page on the main blog to manage/buy their subscriptions. I liked how the Supporter plug-in was all managed via the users own admin panel. Maybe an option depending on how it is required would be good.

In my case I am looking to get people creating their site on a free trial, then if they want to continue with their site after 30 days, they can set-up a subscription via their own admin panel.

Also I noticed you mention the 'Pay to Blog' in the above post, which is coming soon? What is this merging in with exactly? Any more details?

I have been playing around with a few of these plug-ins over the past couple of months and essentially what I am after is... the Pay to Blog functionality of being required to pay in order to have a site, but with a few more advanced features, such as recurring payments, X days free trial and site take-down if no payment is received.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

One thing I am unsure about is sending users to a page on the main blog to manage/buy their subscriptions. I liked how the Supporter plug-in was all managed via the users own admin panel. Maybe an option depending on how it is required would be good.

This was done for 2 reasons, so that you could accept CC payments (SSL cert), and because it was highly requested.

Also I noticed you mention the 'Pay to Blog' in the above post, which is coming soon? What is this merging in with exactly? Any more details?

Basically just pulling in the functionality of Pay To Blog as a Pro Blog module, adding additional features such as disabling the front end.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I like the idea of rewriting all the plugins that currently work with Supporter, and simply making them modules. That way, once you have Pro Blogs set up, you can select modules if and when you require them. Also, if a single module causes a conflict with a theme/plugin, the problem can easily be found.

• wecreateyou
    • The Crimson Coder

We have a "Pay to Blog" module that will be coming soon that will do this, we're merging the two plugins together.
    A cool new feature though is that when they expire they will automatically be sent to the checkout untill they resubscribe or click the dismiss link.
    Basically just pulling in the functionality of Pay To Blog as a Pro Blog module, adding additional features such as disabling the front end.

Thanks and congrats on the milestone. I've been "bugging" you guys about this for a while now and I gotta say thanks for listening. Definitely moving in the right direction with the Mods and keeping Pay to Blog!

+1 for merging supporter ads.
    +1 for bringing back 1 time payment... lifetime subscriptions would require this no?
    +1 for previews

Would it make sense to add the much requested "select template on signup" feature as a mod or something?

I'm off to test!

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Is this just for the admin area? If a blog is expired and someone tries to visit the front end, they shouldn't be directed to the payment/checkout page (because it's not their blog to pay for, of course).

I'd love to see the option to specify how the front end is disabled (redirect to a URL, or display a message, etc.).

• Lorange
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey this a great announcement!

Supporter 3.0, now renamed "Pro Blogs"

I know that this might seem a detail... but my users won't make "blogs" and furthermore most of them will probably have no idea what a "blog" is. Please, would you like to consider finding a better and more "universal" name? (Pro? Pro account? ...)

• Charles

Just a quick glance but I like this new version of supporter...I mean Pro Blogs. I have been trying to get the finishing touches on my site using Membership but after looking the Pro Blogs I might want to use it instead. I like the Pro Blogs setup and the ability to pick themes and plugins to give access to. The modules is a great idea and seems like a good way to expand Pro Blogs in the future.

I am wondering how it will integrate with the new Membership plugin? Is it possible to make it so that Pro Blogger can restrict content like Membership does? Maybe a way to drip content too?

I think for me it would be better if Pro Blogger integrated with Membership instead of the way it is now. Not sure if that's possible or something others might like.

I also didn't notice anything about giving the option for private blogs to supporters which I thought is an option on the previous version or is that going to be in an Upgrades module?

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I don't know if it is possible, but it would be good if we could have it so that each level places the user on a different user role. That way, we can use the various plugins that work on user roles and those who are supporters will get extra functionality throughout the site.

Maybe this could be an option and if you didn't want to put in the funcuionality to create new user roles, those wanting it could create those themselves, and Pro Blogs can take advantage of that thrugh a simple drop-down menu for each level.

The membership plugin is good, but it is quite a monster fr those just wanting to set up something simple, and that would mean we wouldn't have to use it if we didn't want to.

• Lorange

Lorange: You can rename it to anything you want, so your users will see whatever you name it.

Yes, I know. But I think that my suggestion makes sense as a general good practice (can we say that in English?) and might be a "good idea" for everyone, not only for me. Since WP 3.0 the wording has changed and I think it should be a good rule (especially here) to avoid systematically restricting what we are doing to "blog" or "blogging".

I know that this might seem as a detail. But this is not.

I hope this simple suggestion will be considered.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Lorange - I see your point, I'll see if our marketing peeps prefer pro sites for the name. Note it's purely a marketing thing, as the actual name shown to your users is configurable.

Charles/Joe - I think you are still confused to how the plugin works. This is one of the reasons we are changing the name. Pro blog is user agnostic, status is tied to a site, not any user. So it doesn't make sense to have a connection to user roles, and you can't use it to limit content or access, only features for a site.

Jphog, the table names haven't changed so no multidb changes.

As to privacy, that's built into the privacy plugin, not.a pro blog module. A number of our plugins have these limits built into them, like marketpress, google analytics, domain mapping, etc.

• gdharre

Hi Aaron,

thank you for this nice plugin! Love those new features very much!

But I have some problems.

Checkout in testmode does work well, but when I switch to life mode and click on checkout, I got just a site reload and nothing changes. As I get redirected in testmode to paypal, in live mode I don't see the paypal site at all.

What's wrong?

Btw: is the IPN Url correct? It says http://mydomain.com/admin-ajax.php?action=pblgs_pypl_ipn
    Seems strange, as this file doesn't exist (it is in the folder wp-admin) so shouldn't it be
    http://mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=pblgs_pypl_ipn ?

I checked this with paypay sandbox and it responded "Okay" So I tried a transaction with the IPN http://mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=pblgs_pypl_ipn, but still no success

Any idea?

Thank you
    Dorina

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Since WP 3.0 the wording has changed and I think it should be a good rule (especially here) to avoid systematically restricting what we are doing to "blog" or "blogging".

One of my biggest problems with BiuddyPress is that in the admin menu it says My Blogs & Create a Blog, but I want to call them websites at all times, move away from the whole thought of WP being used only for blogs.

I think you are still confused to how the plugin works. This is one of the reasons we are changing the name. Pro blog is user agnostic, status is tied to a site, not any user. So it doesn't make sense to have a connection to user roles, and you can't use it to limit content or access, only features for a site.

I think I have it now. Pro Blogs for sites, Membership for people.

• Kruzen

I have the same problems as gdharre,

None of the payment checkout options work for me, in fact I can't even get it to work in test bed. It just tries to load and then reloads the page over and over again.

Also, users can still create posts even though they are not 'pro members' and it explicitly says they cant. It says above the post they're editing or created "go pro to publish/edit posts" and then you can just edit them anyway.

Looks like it's off to membership land for me, or pay to blog.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Checkout in testmode does work well, but when I switch to life mode and click on checkout, I got just a site reload and nothing changes. As I get redirected in testmode to paypal, in live mode I don't see the paypal site at all.

Not sure what you mean by reload. If you have paypal pro checked and in live mode, you have to have an SSL cert or it will error out. You can use sandbox mode though without a cert.

Btw: is the IPN Url correct? It says http://mydomain.com/admin-ajax.php?action=pblgs_pypl_ipn

Is that really what it said in the settings? It should have a wp-admin in there.

Also, users can still create posts even though they are not 'pro members' and it explicitly says they cant.

Just to check your not logged in as a super admin? And you can still create/edit posts, just not publish new ones. It takes away the publish permissions.

• Kruzen

I have the same path to the IPN.

I was logged in as a subsite owner, not super admin. I will test the publishing abilities..

What are some of the minimum requirements to get paypal integration working?

I have the API username, pass, and signature added, and my paypal account is a paypal business account.

Yet Both Live/Testbed result in nonfunctioning checkout processes. Is there something special that has to be done for the testbed to work? (other than putting the plugin in testbed mode)

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'll fix up the IPN.

Yet Both Live/Testbed result in nonfunctioning checkout processes. Is there something special that has to be done for the testbed to work? (other than putting the plugin in testbed mode)

The credentials have to match your live or sandbox account, depending on what setting you have it at. ALso to do sandbox checkouts you have to be logged into the sandbox account I believe.

• Kruzen

I'd like to confirm that yes, I can create both posts and pages (and publish them) as a site admin (not super admin) while it simultaneously is displaying that I have to become a supporter to publish posts.

edit: Tested by using a firefox browsing session logged out, while editing in a chrome session. Definitely not logged in in anyway and can still see the posts that were not supposed to be published.

• Kruzen

Another thing.

For me at least, users aren't shown the option to signup for "Pro" when registering a new site, even if they mark "I'm interested". They can only process the upgrade after logging in and clicking on "Pro Blogs"

• gdharre

Not sure what you mean by reload.

Well, it looks like reload, I click on checkout with paypal (express, I don't use Paypal Pro yet) and the site seems to relaod... finally it doesn't change anything.

Is there any log file?

If you have paypal pro checked and in live mode, you have to have an SSL cert or it will error out. You can use sandbox mode though without a cert.

I want use the express gateway. It does work in sandbox mode fore me (with a separate sandbox account) but I guess in testmode it doesn't use the IPN listener, does it?

regards
    Dorina

• Kruzen

Another bug..

I get no error messages, but quite a bit of on page problems with things being rendered oddly (breaks my site pretty much).

It's unique behavior to if a user is made using the pro blogs process or not.

if problogs is enabled but someone is NOT a supporter, and makes more than one SITE, there is no problems.

However, if someone becomes a user, registers a site, purchases their first Pro Blogs subscription, and then uses wp-signup to make an additional website under the same user account, it breaks the theme's display and moves elements around all over the place. I'll try to get a screenshot of it with a different theme.

As a note, it still creates the new site, and the next time I go to the Pro Blogs page it has it as a site that can be modified (and the process of upgrading both sites under one user account individually works great!)

• Kruzen

Hi Wecreateyou,

Not quite what I was getting at. I understand you can manually grant bulk upgrade credits by editing their blogs directly..

After you enable bulk upgrades you can set a paypal email address (rather than using your API key) and a paypal mode.

Payments are in 12 month increments ONLY either as a 1 time payment or as an annual payment.

What Pro Blog level credits will upgrade to.
    Option 1 Settings Credits: Price: $
    One credit allows for one blog to be upgraded for one year.
    Option 2 Settings Credits: Price: $
    Option 3 Settings Credits: Price: $
    Option 4 Settings Credits: Price: $

The default checkout message is:

"You can upgrade multiple blogs at a lower cost by purchasing Pro Blog credits below. After purchasing your credits just come back to this page, search for your blogs via the tool at the bottom of the page, and upgrade them to Pro Blog status. Each blog is upgraded for one year."

This leads me to believe that this feature is intended to upgrade additional user sites to LEVELs, rather than the user doing another monthly subscription for each additional site after the typical signup process.

My confusion comes down to:

1) Why an annual subscription only?
    2) Option 1 - 4. If they all do the same thing, why have 4? Am I Missing something? It does not make sense to me to have 4 prices for the same product.

• Kruzen

Ya'll are probably getting sick of me by now :slight_smile:

The Bulk Upgrades module doesn't appear to be working using the sandbox, when I enter my sandbox merchant address into the email address field and go and try to make a credit purchase the page doesn't navigate anywhere, it just refreshes (on both subscribe and one time pay)

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Kruzen,

I see where you are coming from and hopefully we can clear some confusion up.

1. Why an annual subscription only?

To be honest, the demand for other options hasn't really been high enough to justify building other options in. If others would like to chime in it might be something to look at building into future versions.

In our experience (on Edublogs.org) the annual subscription is by far the most popular (around 90% of all subscriptions) so it just made sense to go with it.

The important thing to remember is that credits never expire, so if someone buys 5 credits, then they could use one each year for the next five years on the same blog over and over.

2. Option 1-4 - Why so many?

This is so you can set different prices for different numbers of credits.

Example:

Option 1 could be 5 blog credits for $10
    Option 2 could be 10 blog credits for $13
    Option 3 could be 20 blog credits for $20

Or however you would like to set it up.

Does that help?

• Kruzen

Ah yes Ronnie,

That makes perfect sense. I can't believe I failed to take the credit discounts into account, since the purpose of the credits in the first place were to be a discount on top of the original pricing schema.

I think that the credits system could be quite powerful to have some granular control.

I was hoping to use it in this fashion:

1) User Makes a Blog, Goes Pro w/ Monthly Sub
    2) User is interested in additional blogs. Registers more
    3) Rather than setting up additional recurring payments, so long as User has 1) Recurring Montthly Pro Blog (primary blog), they could add Credits to their account to purchase Pro on a month by month credit basis for additional blogs. 1 credit = 1 month.

A year seems like a long time to offer something sometimes. Say a user needed a blog for a 3 month festival. They could start up a 3 month subscription, or just add some credits for 3 months (easily extendable if they need to carry it on longer).

I understand there's some overlap between the ideas, but I think it would have some potential. My .02 :slight_smile: Keep up the great work guys! Looking forward to the bugs getting polished out of this so I can launch my site with it here in the next few weeks.

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I agree with Kruzen that 1, 3 & 6 month options would be good to have.

One reason, si that not everybody has the money to pay a full year upfront and, to use one of the examples he gave, one of our sites is for indie film makers and a film festival may just want to set up a site for 3 months. Only having the option for an annual payment may cause them to go elsewhere for their site.

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Joe and trykd,

Just to make sure we are all clear, there is a monthly option (and others) built in for subscriptions.

What Kruzen and I were talking about only applies to bulk upgrade credits, which are an optional addition to the plugin that allow for discounts if you buy more than one subscription at a time. I agree month subscriptions that can be cancelled anytime do help get more people in the door! :slight_smile:

Ronnie

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hello again :slight_smile:

i set marketpress to auto-activate and i had to manually activate it on a sub-blog once it was upgraded to supporter.

and.. if someone registers and selects "i'm interested" and then they confirm their account... upon first login are they supposed to be redirected to http://mydomain.com/pro-blog/ - because when i tested it just now they are directed to mydomain.com on first login after confirming.

gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hello,

chained payments works perfect...

but as far as paying for pro blog status... after i confirm email i click on dashboard.. it takes me to pro-blog subscription page.. i select a plan and click paypal payment button.. taken to paypal payment page.. enter password.. then i am taken back to the pro-blog subscription option page where it says:

There was a problem setting up the Paypal payment:
    "A successful transaction has already been completed for this token."
    Please try again.

i log in to the sandbox account used to pay and there is a successful payment made for one month but there is no subscription created on "preapproved payments" page where usually all subscription payment plans are listed.

then i try to go to the dash board and again it redirects to pro-blog subscription option pages.

and then when i go check on that site on admin dashboard it is not listed as a pro-blog.

gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

i cleared cache and tried again and got this:

"You have exceeded the maximum number of payment attempts for this token."
    Please try again.

but the with the tokens the PayerID matched but the EC- part of it did not match.

gina

• Kruzen

Gina,

Another interesting option for 'free trial' is what I'm doing. Limit posts/pages. They can still "preview" but cannot publish anything, so they can play with all of the features (and sign up for an account, so you can market to them until they buy!)

• kshengelia

Yes, but levels are additive, so level 2 can access level 1 plugins/themes.

Can I set default for level 2 - which plugins will be activated as default? They will have access, but talking about default activated plugins.

ant Themes.

• kshengelia

I think I am asking same question and sorry for that - but I haven't understood quite clearly - yes, those plugins and themes will auto-activate if they subscribe for higher level, but will some plugins auto deactivate too? (Some - which I will set)

• nativebiz
    • Flash Drive

While I appreciate that ETA's are often frowned upon, I would also like to know if there is even a general sense of when a stable version will be available?

It certainly seems from much of the feedback bugs and issues are being addressed fairly quickly?

Great job ..... looking forward to this plugin.

• nativebiz
    • Flash Drive

Hi Aaron,

Downloaded and testing pro-blogs-3-beta-2. WPMU version 3.2.1

While the install and settings process went very smoothly here is what I have experienced so far, hope it helps:

http://mysite.com/pro-blog/?bid=2

ERROR:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for ProBlogs::page_title_output() in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-blogs/pro-blogs.php on line 1168

SUGGESTION:
    Would be nice to be able to sort plans so that cheaper plans appear at top.

SUGGESTION:
    Move coupon code field right above plans - Due to the flow once coupon is applied (message appears at top of plans indicating that coupon has been applied) This is much more friendly for end users as they see instantly that coupon worked and then can scroll down through plans - it might even compel them to subscribe to a higher plan since they have already seen the coupon applied.

SUGGESTION:
    Center payment information/links under plans

SUGGESTION:
    Add message above plans instructing user to click desired plan 'and' then click the payment link. This may seem obvious but it actually too me a few clicks of the plan info to realize it wasn't going to redirect me automatically and then I realized clicking the plan was just a highlight function and you need to click payment link below.

ERROR:
    When clicking the PayPal link after applying coupon code and selecting plan, I'm directed back to the 'plans' page I was just on instead of paypal. Double checked all paypal IPN and API details and everything seems okay. I will continue to test the paypal process once this issue is resolved.

• kshengelia

My biggest worry is the payment API, which so far only Gina seems to be testing :wink: Especially refunds, upgrades, downgrades, etc.

I'd like to test very much, but here isn't any popular payment ways in Georgia yet. Even PayPal is planned to be available in August.

---

Aaron, I think I haven't explained in correct way what I was asking you yesterday.

So, it's good that if User upgrades package from 1 to 2, (s)he will have activated all plugins, plugins for 1 package and plugins for 2 package.

And so - if (s)he downgrades from 2 to 1, plugins for 2 package will be deactivated and there will be left only package 1 plugins.

But I am asking something different - Will I be able to assign only plugins package 3 will have?

For example (this example will clarify everything I think):

There will be 3 packages:

1) First will be free and it'll be for blogs.
    2) Second will be paid and it'll be for blogs too (with more functions and themes, which will be auto-activated).
    3) Third will be paid and it'll be for e-Shops (with MarketPress & FrameMarket). So this is what I am asking: If user purchases this package, it's quite clear that this user doesn't need standard blog features, for example - Auto Blog (which second package has).

So yes, it's good that if user upgrades, it will auto-activate some themes and plugins for him, but will it be possible to DE-activate too?

---

I'll make another example - The last stable version of Supporter has premium plugins feature you know, and when admin clicks on it, it shows page, where admin can assign which plugin will be accessible for None, Everyone, Premium.... So, now I think it will be like this - None, Everyone, Premium, Premium1, Premium2... Am I right?

So, If I select MarketPress plugin for Premium2 and Auto-Blog for Premium 1, this means that Premium 2 will have both of them - MarketPress and Auto-Blog? If this is so it's bad for me, as user, who uses MarketPress, doesn't need AutoBlog.

This is what I am asking if it is possible. If it isn't take it as my suggestion please, as there is lot time before stable version comes out (Aug, as you said).

Thank you!

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

Keshingelia,

Using your example.. Yes your level 3 would have access to plugins available to level 2...like Aaron said they are additive. Your level 3 would have access to autoblog (which they can always deactivate and not use) but maybe they would want to use this feature. I know I would on my ecommerce site.

I actually prefer they stair-step way it is set up now where users (via levels) gain access to more and more features.

:slight_smile:
    Gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron weird thing... When I tried to select the 3 month payment plan for Problog I got taken to a PayPal page that said:

Page Not Found
    You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.

Gina :slight_smile:

• kshengelia

Thanks Gina, but that's something which I already know (Aaron told me). I am very sorry because I can't explain exactly because of my English (maybe).

So this is last try:

Your level 3 would have access to autoblog (which they can always deactivate and not use)

You said "which they can always deactivate and not use". I have marked with bold important part - "can", but is it possible that those plugins were auto-DE-activated and users still have possibilty to activate them.

So you say that (and I know that) when user upgrades to higher level, he will have access to plugins and themes those level offers him and lower levels too.

But my question is - Yes, it's very good that higher package offers users features of lower packages too, but is it possible to offer them those plugins/themes in "Deactivated" way? So that yes, user will have access to them, but they will be deactivated as default.

So the conclusion is that:

NOT - Users will be able to deactivate plugins they don't need, but
    YES - Users will be activate plugins they need

---

It seems to be very little difference between those sentences, but I think you understand now, I have tried my best to explain it :slight_smile:

Thank you!

• nativebiz
    • Flash Drive

Hi Gina,

Wondering if you are testing pro-blogs-3-beta-2 and if so, did you expereience any issues with being directed back to the 'plans' page after clicking the Checkout With PayPal link instead of the paypal page?

I have double checked all paypal IPN and API details and everything seems okay.

Thanks,

Chris

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

yes i am. i am being directed back to the plans page with this message on it:

"A successful transaction has already been completed for this token."
    Please try again.

somehow it's getting sent twice...

• Aaron
    • CTO

kshengelia, the difference is autoactivating or just having access to. When upgrading to a higher level, only the plugins for the new level will be activated if you have checked them to. So if they go from free to level 3, only level 3 plugins will be autoactivated, though they will still have access to level 2 plugins.

• kshengelia

kshengelia, the difference is autoactivating or just having access to. When upgrading to a higher level, only the plugins for the new level will be activated if you have checked them to. So if they go from free to level 3, only level 3 plugins will be autoactivated, though they will still have access to level 2 plugins.

Ok, that's exactly what I wanted to hear from you, thanks thanks!

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

also with problogs.. i noticed no matter what payment level you select (1, 3 or 12 months) on the paypal check out page it says "per month" on it.

for example.. say these are the price levels:

1 month: $5.00
    3 months: $10.00
    12 months: $50.00

then if you were to select 12 months it would say "$50.00 USD Per Month"

gina

• nativebiz
    • Flash Drive

Hi Gina,

So am I to understand that even though you were having the redirect issue we discussed earlier you were able to eventually get to the paypal checkout page?

If so how did you bypass the issue of redirection to the plans page?

I'm hoping to test some of the paypal features as requested by Aaron (refunds, upgrades, downgrades, etc.)

Thanks,

Chris

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

i was reading another developers site for a plugin in which a user was getting the same paypal error i am getting and he said "some plugins or site settings can cause the hooks which call the plugin functions to be called multiple times from within a single WordPress request."

do you think that is what is happening here?

gina

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

well a little out of purpose but still related, concerning ads.

When you'll dev the adds insertion plugin, remind a detail : many themes allows to add the featured image on pages/post.

Would need to insert ads BEFORE the thumb, if not page / post layout is just weird.
    Ad block ads isertion on home pages and archive pages using the excerpt thing....

• nativebiz
    • Flash Drive

Hi Aaron,

Looking forward to continue testing of the plugin specifically paypal features as you requested (refunds, upgrades, downgrades, etc.)

Just waiting on a fix for the redirect issue on plan selection and paypal link as described in my earlier 'test notes'.

Ready to go as soon as this issue is resolved and I can access ore payent features.

Best regards,

Chris

• ozoova
    • New Recruit

I like some of the new features! Especially the coupons and easier management of the premium plugins and themes. Looks like a lot of work has been going into this. I'd drop the blog out of 'pro-blog' though and just leave it at 'pro'.

One thing I was really surprised and very disappointed to to see left out was the trial period...that feature alone equates to thousands of dollars when you compare the conversion rates. It really is a no brainer to have that simple option added in there when it comes to subscriptions if you want to see loads of signups when you run a 'Free Trial' campaign.

I did find a bug on being redirected back to my page when trying to make a paypal payment and yes, the api settings were all in. Not sure what happened there but I guess I'm not the only one with that issue.

The plan graphics leave much to be desired, the little square thing going on for the pricing could be worked on, it might be best to take a minimalistic approach so that it blends in well with any theme.

Overall I do like the new version so far and really hope to see what the final outcome is after the dust has settled. Hopefully the trial option gets back in there where it belongs too! :wink:

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Is it possible to have only 1 plugin. Instead of multiple activations?

In the super network admin, if the tickbox enables the feature only then will it hook wordpress.

Or is that not how it works? Is activated 10+ plugins the easiest way for an admin to set it up?

If you are keeping the 10+ plugins could you please update the description on the plugins page so they are informative and not exactly the same.

Just wondering your thoughts,

Johnny

• nelnehal

just testing the plugin now

i had simple question. would it be possible to have multiple free levels, and then be able to upgrade those levels. or simply would be able to have free levels without upgrading

this plugin is so powerful. thank you so much!

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey all, thank you so much for your bug reports and testing, I've got a good list to go on. Unfortunately I've run out if time before my scheduled vacation, so need to put those on hold for a bit.

Rest assured that as soon as I get back aug 8th I'll be finishing this as a top priority. We're trying to get this live on Edublogs before the school year starts.

So until then, I'm gonna unstick this and open a new thread when I put up beta 3. Thanks again for your help and patience!

• bmwijaya
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Aaron,

I have installed the Pro-Blogs plugin and looks great. Please also add manual payment as a gateway. I don't think much person in my community in Indonesia having paypal account. Or would be great functionally if the admin can setup local payment gateway, I don't know would be doable or not.
    Cheers.

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in home/agric/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 276

This happened when I went to add a second level of payment. Backed up and tried again. This time it took out my admin panel. Had to rename the plugin folder and recover.

This is a new install of WPMS, very few plugins.

Trying to set 3 levels of service: Free/ $x / $y

Thanks

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

I believe I found what is happening. I reloaded the plugin (several times) to troubleshoot. Found I can set up levels but if I change the Pro Blog Setting to rebrand the plugin as anything other than Pro Blogs, it causes the fatal error. Might be tied to having more than one level and rebranding.

• Aphrodite
    • The Reaper

note : be carefull guys with free trial... Onece activated, any theme and plugin will REMAIN activated after trial period.

Only quota and ads will return. This is not a good thing. And it is not really possible to auto deactivate activated plugins....

For gateways moneybookers (skrill) is available in almost all countries... And free of charge setup....

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Whew. So this thread is ridiculously long. I'm closing it up to avoid further comments here (please feel free to open new threads on the topic).

I'm also going to mark it as a sticky so folks can still grab it up easily :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.