Supporter broke after "upgrade all blogs" - Live Site, Please Help

I had the Supporter plugin working this morning and then clicked the "upgrade" button which upgraded all blogs in my WPMU.

Now, whenever anyone clicks the "Supporter" link in the left menu the Subscribe with Paypal button does not appear.

Of course, they then click the "multiple blogs" to do the upgrade but get more errors because their primary blog was never upgraded.

What do I need to do to get the subscribe button back on the Supporter.php page in the WPMU admin?

Thanks,
Jeff

• jdyson

Sorry ... here's my stats:

WPMU 2.9 & Supporter 2.2

I've got a lot of plugins and will list them all if that may be the issue however I believe the issue to a communication error between Paypal and supporter-paypal.php.

I am now able to see the "subscribe" link in the admin and am taken to Paypal as usual when I click the link. After entering my email & password in paypal I get this error message:

"We are unable to modify your subscription. This may be because your existing subscription calls for no more payments to be made or because it has been cancelled or completed.
    If you would like to sign up for a subscription, please contact the merchant for details or click Continue to return to PayPal."

I searched the other threads in this forum and found that it has something to do with the supporter-paypal.php page but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like to see the list of plugins I'm using let me know and I'll post them for you.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• Fool

We had the same issue with setting up / modifying subscriptions with PayPal. Here is the response from PayPal Merchant Technical Support <ppmts@paypal.com>:

You are receiving this, because you are using <input type="hidden" name="modify" value="2">. Modify=2 means that the button allows subscribers to only modify their current subscriptions. this means that if a current subscription is cancelled or completed, you customers will receive this error. To resolve this issue i would suggest to use <input type="hidden" name="modify" value="1">. That means that the button allows subscribers to modify their current subscriptions or sign up for new ones and your customers wont be getting that error if they already have a completed or cancelled subscription.

Just in case you need it, here are all variables you can use with our buttons and an explanation for each: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.