supporter confusion

I’ve read a lot of great things about the supporter plug-in, about how you can add other plugins or themes to it, etc.

What I have NOT read is any clear concise information on how to make this happen. I have read through as many posts as I could find on the subject but so far I have yet to find one clear set of instruction on how to add plugins AND themes into supporter.

Yes, I know about the examples in supporter and even played around with a couple of single file plugins though didn’t actually get them to work.

I see that James, Andrew and Dr. Mike are very active here so I trust this will resolve quickly.

Thanks guys,

JC

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

You can either:

1) Use the included supporter-plugins.php file to make *all* plugins in /plugins/ supporter only.

2) Modify plugins using the is_supporter() function so the entire plugin or only certain features are available to supporters. The plugins provided with the Supporter plugins can be used as examples for this.

3) Use 3rd party plugins to manage supporter only plugins and themes:

http://wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-plugin-manager

http://wpmudev.org/project/premium-themes

Thanks,

Andrew

• czydrm
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

#3 was just what I was looking for! Thank you so much.

One other question…. Can I use pay to blog AND supporter at the same time? For example Pay to blog gives access to basic features and supporter to get additional plugins and themes?

• czydrm

Also, any plans to add the function where you can have different groups of themes and plugins for different supporter packages…. similar to upgrades? (couldn’t get plugins or themes to work with upgrades either)

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Can I use pay to blog AND supporter at the same time? For example Pay to blog gives access to basic features and supporter to get additional plugins and themes?

We’ve never tested them together but they don’t share any common file or function names so they should work ok. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

Also, any plans to add the function where you can have different groups of themes and plugins for different supporter packages…. similar to upgrades?

I’m afraid multiple supporter levels or packages is not something we plan on adding at this time. While the idea of multiple levels sounds good we’ve found that it’s not near as effective in getting users to pay for an upgrade as a single level is. This is the primary reason we coded the Supporter plugin.

Thanks,

Andrew

• czydrm

After a bit of testing pay to blog and supporter do in fact work together. This may give me what I need.

While we are on the topic, what is the trick to get plugins and themes to work with the upgrades plugin? Is there a solution similar to #3?

Thanks again for the support. You have been… well, very supportive! :wink:

JC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.