MarketPress Supporter conflict

Hmm... Gina, what other plugins do you have running? Are you using the New Blog Templates plugin? A "redeclare class" error means the class has already been created and is trying to create itself again.

I tested a new blog/user creation with Supporter and MarketPress active but wasn't able to reproduce this error. More information on your setup and we can get to the bottom of this.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

yep - getting the same result for this.. i only have buddypress and marketpress plugins enabled and the sign up process goes fine until you get the activation email - i click on the link and it goes to a blank page.. i reload and then it loads my site but the page says "There was an error activating your account, please try again." and has a field to enter the activation code.. but when i do that it still has the error.

but even if i tick the "i'm interested" option it doesn't take me to the payment page as it says here "If the users says they are interested, or fills in the signup form, they will then – after signing up – be presented with a payment page where you can also drop in lots of persuasive content as to why they should sign up."

what am i missing?

gina

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Gina,

So are you still getting the original Fatal error or has that gone away now?

As to the supporter signup, this page is shown after there first login. Can you check your error logs for me? I've tested multiple setups with buddypress, supporter, and marketpress and I'm not able to reproduce these errors.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

still getting the error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/marketpress.php on line 4275

i noticed when i select not to create a blog and select "i'm interested" it works and allows activation with no errors... but when i log in there is no payment/subscription option.

marketpress and buddypress are the only plugins.

thanks,
    gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

i just uninstalled and i am going to reinstall again.. exactly as it says.. and i still get the same result.

so when i sign up and select yes to blog and interested in subscribing i get emailed an activation link that takes me to the error page. when i reload that page my website loads with a page saying unable to activate and enter your activation code below.. i enter the activation code and it still won't activate.

when i sign up and say no to blog and interested in subscribing it works and sends me an activation link that does work.. but then when i log in i am not taken to a page to pay or subscribe. so i go and click create blog and it takes me to a page to create a blog and enter the name of the blog etc.. and again i select interested in subscribing and then this error comes up again "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/marketpress.php on line 4275"

i didn't see anything in the error logs for this domain.

• Aaron
    • CTO

First off, this should have nothing to do with supporter. Uninstall supporter and I bet you will have the same issue.

Do you have Marketpress installed in plugins and mu-plugins? The only way you can get that error is if the plugin is being redeclared. Also that is a widget, what sidebars do you have the widget installed on?

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

i did uninstall supporter again just now and was able to register successfully... no errors on clicking the activation link selecting yes or no to create a blog.

marketpress is installed in mu-plugins only. the only file i noticed duplicated in plugins and mu-plugins dir is a file named bp-global-adminbar-css.php

the shopping cart widget you mean? if yes, i have it on the primary sidebar.

thanks,
    gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

sorry guys... my other business had some issues to deal with last nite and i wasn't able to make it back here.. going to start working on it now again. i'll be at it all day. thanks.

do any of the plugins actually allow for collecting payment upon signing up or do they have to sign up and activate first before they pay with all of them?

thanks.
    gina

• Aaron
    • CTO

do they have to sign up and activate first before they pay with all of them?

Yes, a blog or user has to be created before we can know what to apply the payment to. For example with supporter a blog is not created until the activation link is clicked in email, and only then can we even know the blogid.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

another question.. when "I'm Interested" is selected.. what is that supposed to make happen upon login after clicking activation link? right now when i login after clicking activation link it takes me back to home page.. not the dashboard.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

that worked!!

so... when "I'm Interested" is selected.. what is that supposed to make happen upon login after clicking activation link? right now when i login after clicking activation link it takes me back to home page.. not the dashboard.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

geezz i don't get it. i have changed nothing.. was working on design stuff and now i go back to test sign up again and it doesn't work.. same errors:

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/espyd.com/wp-content/plugins/marketpress.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/espyd.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4165

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/espyd.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4168

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/espyd.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4171

*bang head*

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

ok - so i uninstalled MP and supporter and tested a sign up and blog creation and it works fine no errors.

on the install page for MP you say "Install in /plugins/ to activate blog by blog or for WP single.
    * Install in /mu-plugins/ for a network-wide marketplace."

what do you mean "activate blog by blog"?

it just doesn't seem to want to work for me in the /mu-plugins/ ... but i do want it to be a network-wide marketplace..

one thing i did notice when i had MO installed in /mu-plugins/ is that supporter didn't list MP as a plugin i could only allow supporters to use. it was not listed on the supporter settings.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok, time to get radical on that error. Backup your db, then:

Clear out the value for the "active_plugins" option in your main blog options table (wp_1_options).
    Clear out the value for the "wpmu_sitewide_plugins" option in the wp_sitemeta table.

This should remove any trace of any active plugins on your install, hopefully remove the error. Note you will have to reactivate any sitewide plugins or plugins on your main blog.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

there isn't a "wpmu_sitewide_plugins" option in the wp_sitemeta table.

i cleared the value for "active_plugins" option in your main blog options table..

now..? is there an issue because there isn't a "wpmu_sitewide_plugins" option in the wp_sitemeta table?

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

installed MP in mu-plugins and got:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxx.com/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 274

when trying to log in after testing sign up.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

Version 3.0.1 WPMU and i have not installed BuddyPress yet... only WPMU and Marketpress.. so really I guess this should be on that thread.. but it was here because originally I thought it was a Supporter error.. but I don't have Supporter installed now.

I just updated WP again and the themes.. It hasn't happened again yet... so we'll see.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

so NOW i want to install supporter but when i had it installed before and marketpress was installed in /mu-plugins/ directory (as it is now and seems to be working) one thing i did notice is that supporter didn't list marketpress as a premium plugin for me to select in settings for only supporters to use. it only listed plugins in the /plugin/ directory.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

ya and marketpress installed in /plugins/ is throwing out even more errors.. :slight_frown:

and supporter did not restrict a free member from accessing marketpress when i had it installed in /plugins/ and set as a premium plugin.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hey gina,

I adjusted the topic title to better reflect what's going on here (for people to find in the future).

I'm really sorry you're still having issues with this. When you say MarketPress is throwing out even more issues are these new ones or the same ones you were having earlier?

Also, that's odd that MarketPress was not hidden by Supporter. What role did this user have? I normally keep the plugins menu hidden unless a user becomes a Supporter, but even with the plugin menu available it should show as "Supporter Only" on the plugin page. I know you're ready for answers rather than questions at this point, but I can't seem to get the same behavior on this end of things.

• inesrodrigues
    • New Recruit

Hello :slight_smile:

As i was trying to activate the plugin, I got the following message:

"There was an issue determining where MarketPress is installed. Please reinstall."

Any quick instructions...?

Note: I have uninstalled the lite version of marketpress before trying to activate the full version.

I apologize in case this is not the correct topic for this post.

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.