Supporter Levels Time-frame

I found a different plug-in similar to Supporter that handles multiple levels.
You stated that this feature is in development for Supporter.

I am trying to decide whether to go to the hassle of uninstalling Supporter and testing the new plug-in or wait a week for multiple levels in Supporter to be released.

I know you like to keep your development process hush-hush to save yourself from the wrath of your customers, but you are making me look really bad to my customers.

I need real information. At this point, even a beta release or info on the approach you are planning to take would help. I am willing to help code the solution, but I don't what to do something that is not compatible with what you are already writing.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya lgedeon,

I understand your frustration and need for more information. We are currently pursuing several options in an attempt to speed up our delivery of this particular feature set.

I'll ask Aaron to come by and respond with additional information/corrections if he's go them, but it is feasible that we'll have this ready for release here by mid to late March.

I wish I could give you a better answer, but we are absolutely full up with development at the moment and working to prioritize a great many requests and enhancements here at WPMU DEV.

Thanks again for your patience :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

Multiple level supporter was one of the top requests in our survey last week, so we've decided to prioritize that and include it as part of the 3.0 release features. Can't give an ETA though, just that it's going to be assigned to the next available developer.

I found a different plug-in similar to Supporter that handles multiple levels.

I'm curious what you've found. Care to share?

• lgedeon
    • Flash Drive

Digging through notes..... I think it was s2Member http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/s2member/. Looking at lots of options at the moment.

Your Membership plug-in works for multiple levels. And since I only need to use it to let someone create a blog, I think that will work. Pay to Blog would make the most sense, but it does not have levels either. What I am not sure about with Membership is what happens when a recurring payment in Paypal fails or they stop paying. From another thread it looks like nothing happens. They just keep their blog for free.

• lgedeon
    • Flash Drive

drmike,

Thanks for the Upgrades suggestion. I tested it, but I would like to let the customer pay for whatever level they want all in one step. I also looked at it for another project and it missed on that score too. Upgrades really only handles one use-case... not any of the three I am working on right now.

Actually, about to open a new thread on getting Membership and MarketPress to work together. If I can do that then I think I will have a working solution until Supporter is complete.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Igedeon,

I'm gonna mark this one as resolved as we're looking at other options in separate threads then.

We're looking at providing some exciting integration options into all our larger plugins (membership, supporter, MarketPress) it's just a matter of getting the time into development. These are all big priorities though.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.