Supporters appears to be working out for my needs. In order to accomplish multi level subscribers, I'm simply using a parallel shopping cart system in addition to supporter.
For the supporter module, it would be nice if it were a little more transaction oriented (including transactions that arent paid, such as keeping an audit when free days are added and differentiating between free accounts and paid accounts).
- I'd like to be able to see a list of all members who are currently supporters. Including their signup date, if they are a free user, if they received free days, number of times renewed, time until next renewal, link to contact them, link to the blog they are a supporter for
- I'd like to be able to filter in this list those who are temporary supporters VS paid supporters (from the free days)
- I'd like to be able to show content only to paying supporters content (is_supporter&paid), but not to those on trial.
- I'd like to be able to send members who have become a supporter one set of messages with "automessage" and those who have not paid (free days) a separate set of messages.
- Maybe I dont have this figured out yet, but it would be good if the USER was the supporter, and not the blog.. is this already a feature/option?
- I use the other plugin manager and would love to see more of this type of functionality. http://wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-plugin-manager One small change to this plugin would be to add "by default for paying supporters". Which can only be added if there is a differentiation between trial and paid supporters.