Supporter Member Lists, Trial Only Supporters & New Features

Supporters appears to be working out for my needs. In order to accomplish multi level subscribers, I'm simply using a parallel shopping cart system in addition to supporter.

For the supporter module, it would be nice if it were a little more transaction oriented (including transactions that arent paid, such as keeping an audit when free days are added and differentiating between free accounts and paid accounts).

1. I'd like to be able to see a list of all members who are currently supporters. Including their signup date, if they are a free user, if they received free days, number of times renewed, time until next renewal, link to contact them, link to the blog they are a supporter for
  2. I'd like to be able to filter in this list those who are temporary supporters VS paid supporters (from the free days)
  3. I'd like to be able to show content only to paying supporters content (is_supporter&paid), but not to those on trial.
  4. I'd like to be able to send members who have become a supporter one set of messages with "automessage" and those who have not paid (free days) a separate set of messages.
  5. Maybe I dont have this figured out yet, but it would be good if the USER was the supporter, and not the blog.. is this already a feature/option?
  6. I use the other plugin manager and would love to see more of this type of functionality. http://wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-plugin-manager One small change to this plugin would be to add "by default for paying supporters". Which can only be added if there is a differentiation between trial and paid supporters.
  • Andrew

Hiya,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into considering the next time we do a major update to the Supporter plugin (probably around the 3.0 mark).

Maybe I dont have this figured out yet, but it would be good if the USER was the supporter, and not the blog.. is this already a feature/option?

I'm afraid that won't be changing. If you need that sort of functionality then it's best to use our Upgrades plugin as the credits are attached to users.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• James Farmer

Heya nightlyfe,

You are definitely as bad as me when it comes to feature requests

I mean that in a good way though... all the ideas / feednback is excellent really and will help us improve stuff.

Of course some things aren't possible... but others are and we can definitely consider trial supporter stuff in the future.

In fact, I believe that it's possible to give someone a free trial subscription through PayPal which then charges after 7 days... sound liek something worth looking at too.

Also, just while I'm thinking about it, some of the excellent graphing stuff that Bary's been doing for a forthcoming release would be an excellent addition too

See what I mean... I'm terrible too!

Anyway, like I said on the other thread, feel free to keep on suggesting / requesting but please do bear in mind that it all takes time

Cheers, James

• nightlyfe

Wanted to get a sense on timeline from you two - I'm in need of at least some of the administrative "viewing" items above, and plan to code / get these coded this week. (#1, #2).

Do you have a suggested developer for modifications to your plugins?
    Do you have a problem with publicly accessible forks of your plugins?

Re:

I'm afraid that won't be changing. If you need that sort of functionality then it's best to use our Upgrades plugin as the credits are attached to users.

They would still need to pay twice with two blogs, no?