Supporter option not visible

OK first off, I could not install the Supporter 2.0.8 plugin with the “add new” upload feature. It uploads fine, but when I activate it I get a this error

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

I then did the install manually, and the supporter plug in shows up on my “site admin” menu. But not under the plugins “installed” section ?

I can configure everything, save it , and edit all the features in the wp-admin console. But this is odd….

I am using BuddyPress Social theme, and when i go to register a new user there is no visible Supporter option.

I noticed that some reason BuddyPress Social rewrites the URL of the /wp-signup.php into /register

Can the theme be messing up the supporter option?

I am using WP 2.9.1 with BP 1.1.3

I have deactivated all the other plugins and I am trying to make this work. Help please.

TIA

• Aaron
    • CTO

OK first off, I could not install the Supporter 2.0.8 plugin with the “add new” upload feature. It uploads fine, but when I activate it I get a this error

Please follow the instructions in the install.txt file of every plugin here. WPMU plugins install very differently and almost never will show in the plugins menu.

I noticed that some reason BuddyPress Social rewrites the URL of the /wp-signup.php into /register

That is what Buddypress always does.

I am using BuddyPress Social theme, and when i go to register a new user there is no visible Supporter option.

Please check that you have enabled that options in supporter settings.

• threestepdating
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes

Yes

and Yes

All of those I have done and double checked….

I have added all the add-ons but still no luck…

I am totally stumped…

I followed the install.txt to the letter.

Is there a way to force the display on the wp-signup

or better yet… what block of the code does it render in?

Thanks.

• threestepdating
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Absolutely…. I even double checked saved… logged out. logged back in… and checked again.

It seems like the entire Theme blocks anything except basic form fields and the buddypress fields in the register page…

What gives?

I went over the theme and I didn’t see any where that it over rides the wp-signup.php standard code except for the URL rewrite by BP.

Any ideas…??

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

I have a similar situation in that the supporter option does not appear on the admin menu.

It was a first time install.

I wanted to enable domain mapping and the posts led me through the process of installing the supporter feature which – If I understand correctly – implements the domain mapping functionality. I double checked my installation by performing it twice in the sequence specified in the install.txt; however, the supporter option does not appear afterwards.

Also a bit confusing was that another domain mapping plug-in gave instructions to uncomment sunrise, but the WPMU supporter install mentioned no such step. If I get the feature to appear, should sunrise be commented or uncommented?

Thanks for any help

Phil D

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

1) The supporter feature is not required for the domain mapping plugin to work.

2) Make sure that you’ve installed the Supporter plugin according to the instructions in install.txt

If I get the feature to appear, should sunrise be commented or uncommented?

uncommented in wp-config. Please follow the instructions in install.txt for the domain mapping plugin as well.

Thanks,

Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.