Supporter, Paypal, Cancel Sub

Hi I have some questions relating to supporter plugin.

I need detailed instructions.

1.) Which paypal plan/package/solution works best with supporter from a business perspective?

2.) When a member of my website signs up for a supporter subscription, how do I keep track of them? How do I know who is a supporter and who isn't?

3.) Provide detailed instructions on how to cancel a supporter subscription. I have experimented with the sandbox, there is no clear option for a member to cancel their annual supporter sub. Once they have canceled will I as admin be informed?

It's not a good thing if it is difficult for someone to cancel something they are paying for.

James Farmer

Hi Xeno,

1.) Which paypal plan/package/solution works best with supporter from a business perspective?

This depends entirely on your users and what approach you want to take - given that there are about a million different combinations I suggest you take a look at how edublogs.org / wordpress.com do it and consider from there.

2.) When a member of my website signs up for a supporter subscription, how do I keep track of them? How do I know who is a supporter and who isn't?

When you st up Supporter you'll note that it contains extensive information on number of supporter signups etc. - Also every super admin blog listing details supporter status.

Not being blunt here but have you looked through all the descriptions / tried the plugin? That's the best way to get answers

3.) Provide detailed instructions on how to cancel a supporter subscription. I have experimented with the sandbox, there is no clear option for a member to cancel their annual supporter sub. Once they have canceled will I as admin be informed?

You're welcome to copy and paste from our page at Edublogs:

http://help.edublogs.org/2009/09/10/cancelling-your-automatic-renewal-of-edublogs-pro/

There's also a cancellation button in the backend menu option.

Hope that helps!

James

Sue

1. Which paypal plan/package/solution works best with supporter from a business perspective?
    Do you mean which will work best for you? Assume you mean in terms of monthly, quaterly and yearly? If so, will probably depends on what you are offering and how much you are charging for each option.

2. In Super Admin > Blogs you will see Supporter next to their site name if they are a supporter and Extend for those that aren't supporters. In Super Admin > Supporter on the statistics page you'll see supporter statistics.

For Edublogs, all PayPal email notifications for subscriptions and cancellations are forwarded to our Support email account (gmail). We use these emails for a range of purposes including if we have any queries from users asking why their Supporter features haven;t been activated.

For example, search for the email address attached to their PayPal account. The first numbers in their Custom number before the underscore are the Site ID number. We can compare their Site ID number with the Site URL to confirm they upgraded the correct blog.

PayPal also keeps detailed records and you can check their payment method by searching by their PayPal email address. eCheques normally delay activation several days as PayPal places their payment on hold until payment is cleared.

3. Cancelling Payal

PayPal has a habit of changing how you cancel so on Edublogs we include this link to how to cancel your subscription - http://help.edublogs.org/2009/09/10/cancelling-your-automatic-renewal-of-edublogs-pro/

You'll receive email notification to your PayPal email address whenever any one cancels.

Edit: Oops, sorry and chuckling I was writing my answer at the same time as James.