Supporter Paypal IPN warning

Got this warning after my last upgrade…

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://supporter-paypal.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

I see it says sent to http://supporter-paypal.php which is obviously the problem?

Where would I fix that though?

Thanks,

George

• weblog
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I started getting this error as well last week.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications

(IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing.

supporter-paypal.php is in the root of my site as well.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I’ve had this warning a few times from PayPal for a few sites I disabled IPN (using the PayPal admin system), and which haven’t received PayPal payments in weeks.

I think it’s a PayPal glitch, I’ve put a support ticket in for it, but am yet to hear back.

• Aaron
    • CTO

That is very bad. I cant figure out why it’s not adding the blog url to that. Works fine on all my test installs. It must be a plugin conflict or something. Does it do that whatever blog you are on?

By bad I mean any supporters who signed up since that started happening to your button code (probably when you first reported it) will never be manually extended, and I don’t think that there is a way to update the notify_url for them without them canceling and recreating their subscription.

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Maybe it’s my setup Aaron.

I asked you to help me out a while back with a custom plugin and template so that I can have a supporter upgrade page after new users register.

I now have it setup here.. http://thatmlmbeat.com/go-pro

Will need to be logged in to see Paypal upgrade options though, Could the plugin be the problem or something I reconstructed with the template? All I’ve done there is change the template to one with out the header instead of using the page feature of BP-corporate.

• georgef

OK, I’ve removed the custom plugin and the template that I setup.

I’m now using Supporter as is with no tweaks.

I re installed the files again just to make sure. But yesterday an existing member upgraded and it still doesn’t upgrade the blog.

The <input name=”notify_url” value is now correct, it shows the blog name in the source code.

I’ve also checked all table in wp-config and they’re all there.

Anything else that can cause this?

• georgef

From what I can see everything is ok, except for the delivery status being disabled. The _____stripes in the messages are email addresses removed. I also don’t get the IPN warnings anymore:

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details

Message ID02H39746RN2009320

Date/time created11/04/2010 21:05 AEST

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time—

Notification URLhttp://healthwellness.thatmlmbeat.com/supporter-paypal.php

HTTP response codeWhat’s this?

Delivery statusDisabled

No. of retries0

Transaction ID8S415761JE6976218

IPN typeTransaction made

transaction_subject=&payment_date=04:05:07 Apr 11, 2010 PDT&txn_type=subscr_payment&subscr_id=S-53W58079MB0584149&last_name=Fernandez&residence_country=MY&item_name=thatMLMbeat thatMLMbeat PRO&payment_gross=95.40&mc_currency=USD&business=________________&payment_type=instant&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&verify_sign=AFcWxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31A0Ghi4KcZaB3-d4Zvcnw-1optXN2&payer_status=verified&payer_email=________________&txn_id=8S415761JE6976218&receiver______________________&first_name=Anthony&payer_id=A8BF5VMFSAFNQ&receiver_id=4F9N826ZVHFHC&item_number=12&payment_status=Completed&payment_fee=3.54&mc_fee=3.54&mc_gross=95.40&custom=1956_12_95.40_USD_1270983619&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=2.9

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.