Supporter Registration page on different page template?

Can someone walk me through the steps or provide a link to a good resource on how I might be able to put the supporter registration page on a different page template on my site.

Right now the default is to use the same template as my home page. The issue with that is my home page uses a fairly large header that pushes the registration fields too far down the page.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi igallery,

The only ready-made tutorials I know of are theme dependent. It’s always possible to take those tutorials and apply them to your particular theme but it’s more of a task for a developer.

That said, you could perhaps use Register Plus Redux to customize your registration.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/register-plus-redux/

There’s a Custom Register CSS option you could use to customize any of the elements on your registration page, such as your header.

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi igallery,

In looking into it more, I realize you’ve already seen Mason’s past post on wp-signup customization.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-signupphp

I never thought of that myself and it seems an elegant solution. Following through his ordered list, you should be able to customize the signup process rather easily I’d say.

As for the number 2 item, you’d only need some page template comment at the top of the file.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates

If you need any further help on that, just let us know. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

David

• igallery
    • Flash Drive

Is this a topic/feature/function that WPMUDev does not support? The forms are only meant to exist on one template, therefore, if I want to make a change I’m on my own?

If so, that’s fine, but it would be nice to get that clearly communicated. I’m not really sure what is supported and what is not supported for my monthly membership fee here.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi igallery,

My sincere apologies for having missed responding on this. Customization of wp-signup.php, which is the WordPress file responsible for the registration process, is something we’ll be happy to discuss and provide pointers on but it’s not something directly supported.

However, the pointers that Mason gave in that thread cover that customization process very well, thoroughly I’d say.

To clarify though, there’s not a way to apply a page template to the signup form. The method Mason gave was to make a page template from one of your theme files, then copy all the code from wp-signup.php into that page template and customize it from there.

There’s not a way to do a step by step guide on that as theme files differ drastically. That’s where it gets a bit extensive and where we couldn’t really support but perhaps with a few helpful pointers.

Hope that helps to clarify this.

Cheers,

David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from ya with any response in awhile I’m gonna mark this one resolved. If you’d like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.