Supporter signup problems

Ok, here's what I'm trying to make happen. I want to use the Supporter plugin so people can sign up and pay to receive a website. I may want to offer a free version of the site soon, but for now just a paid version. During the sign-up process I want them to be able create their password and I don't want to make them verify their e-mail in order to log in. I want them to come to the sign, click to sign up, enter their site details, pay, then be logged in to their site so they can start customizing it.

Here's what's currently happening: Supporter is not even showing up in the signup process. It doesn't even give you the option to be a supporter, even if I use the URL to force it. It was at first but I installed a couple other plugins from this site and it disappeared.

I installed the plugin to disable the e-mail verification step. Then I installed the plugin to allow users to create their own password at signup. Somewhere around this time the Supporter option disappeared from the signup process. Since then I removed the plugins I added but it didn't make a difference.

I've tried toggling the option on the Supporter settings page to have it appear on the signup page by unchecking it, saving, checking again, saving... but it still doesn't work.

Here is the signup page:
http://realturf.com/wp-signup.php

And here is the URL of the forced supporter option:
http://realturf.com/wp-signup.php?Premium=1

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Todd

• Aaron

Took a look at your site with firebug, looks like style.css (line 95) of your theme is hiding it because of the clear class (which is there for floating to look right in BP themes):

html body * div.clear, html body * li.clear, html body * dd.clear {
    background:none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border:0 none;
    clear:both;
    display:block;
    float:none;
    font-size:0;
    height:0;
    list-style:none outside none;
    margin:0;
    overflow:hidden;
    padding:0;
    visibility:hidden;
    width:0;
    }
  • Todd Heitner

Thanks for identifying the problem. What would be the best course of action to get around this?

I was going to go with a different theme but decided to go back to this one. I tried several from WooThemes and they all had this issue. Their themes have the option to include custom CSS that is declared after whatever is in the CSS file and therefore can override values. But I'm not sure how the supporter plugin is using the "clear" class.

From where is it pulling the "clear" class? Or can you tell me what the values of it are so I can use those values to overwrite what's in the theme's CSS file?

Or if you have a better approach I'd definitely be open to that as well.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.