Supporter Signup redirect to pay

I searched high and low through the forum and I couldn't find a solution to this. I have the supporter plugin set up just how I want it but, there is one thing not functioning correctly on signup.

Here's the process that I'm seeing so far:

Step 1: customer fills in user name password info.
Step 2: They select whether they want to create a blog or not and if so fill in required info.
Step 3: It asks whether they are interested in becoming a pro member...they select I'm interested
Step 4: Click continue
Step 5: Gives successful account creation message and gives instructions to check email for activation message
Step 5A: Gives customer option to add avatar
Step 6: login email click activation link and account is activated
Step 7: Login

It never gives them a opportunity to pay for their pro/supporter membership. Not even after the first login. I deleted the easy admin and easy blogging plugins because I was reading that those might cause this to happen still the same problem after the plugins were deleted.

This is the process I need:

Step 1: customer fills in user name password info.
Step 2: They select whether they want to create a blog or not and if so fill in required info.
Step 3: It asks whether they are interested in becoming a pro member...they select I'm interested
Step 4: Click continue
Step 4A: redirect to subscription selection page
Step 4B: make payment on paypal....redirect back to site.
Step 5: Gives successful account creation message and gives instructions to check email for activation message
Step 5A: Gives customer option to add avatar
Step 6: login email click activation link and account is activated
Step 7: Login

• growingup
    • Flash Drive

No i set it to zero.....I've set up several dummy accounts to see what would happen. I know they are setting up free blogs because they have ads on them. It's not giving the option to pay even when you select the "I'm interested" option

• growingup
    • Flash Drive

I even removed the membership plugin cause I don't have a need for both supporter and membership. I want to offer free blogs (supported by ads) and pro blogs. I want the customer to have to pay from the beginning if they select they want a pro membership at signup. Again...it's not even instructing them to pay at first login. I read that it would do that somewhere on the forum.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Friendly reminder that it is a holiday week. It's also Thursday which for me means 3 bloodworks and a couple hour long EKG eating up most of my day. Along with two volunteerism gigs. I;m currently sitting in South Park Mall by the fountain, been run into three times already by kids trying to answer questions. I'm grateful for your patience. The questions I answered earlier I did by balancing my laptop on a leg while waiting in a doctor's waiting room.

From reading the plugin page, it says they get the payment page after the activation of the account and they relog in.

I don;t have the plugin handy (I;m on my 5 minute page load network that also doesn;t allow zips to go over it) But I or one of the developers can check for you in the morning.

If you wanted to do it out of order, you would have to have a developer take a look at it or code it yourself.

I see it being done this way because with your method, no account has been created. That doesn;t happen until the account it verified. You would have to rewrite the activation process for it to occur in the order you would want it. At least that's how I see it.

• growingup
    • Flash Drive

Dr Mike...I wasn't even expecting u to respond under your name it says "Volunteer Support Guru" I'm looking for someone who gets paid a portion some how some way of my monthly membership fee to help...that's really who I was expecting to respond. :wink: Thanks for responding anyway but, if you could help that would be great!

But anyway, it doesn't necessarily have to do it that way...My real problem is that it doesn't do it at all. I've created several dummy accounts and it never directs me to pay for my pro membership afer first logon. I would be satisfied if it did it upon first logon but it's not. :slight_frown: I've also logged into the dummy accounts more than once to see if it would direct me to pay and it never happens.

Would be the greatest Christmas present ever if I could get a solution to this problem but, if not I'll take a early birthday present instead. (My bday is Jan 2) lol

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya growingup,

Apologies for the delay. I'm gonna ask a couple of our developers to stop by and respond directly.

The Supporter plugin doesn't offer the ability to pay before the first login, but it should be redirecting them to that page on first login. We'll take a look and help ya get this sorted.

Aaron, Ulrich any ideas here?

Thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

Sorry for the delay, it's because of the holidays.

Can you go to the edit site screen for that blog from the Super Admin and check for the "Supporter Signed Up" option. It should exist and be set to either 1 or 0. If set to 1 (you can reset to test), the redirect should be forced.

If you'd rather do it from the db look for the 'supporter_signed_up' option in that blog's options table.

Also a link to your site with registrations open would help me run a test singup to see if something else is in the way.

• Michel Mosca
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Same here, no show of premium payment option page after first login on new site with opted interest.

Have checked site options and db tables as per Aaron's advice and no field supporter_signed_up there. I assume this should be created on installing the plugin? I have removed/reinstalled the plugin, but to no avail.

Just came across this thread and wanted to say 'hello' so you know growingup is not alone with this.

• Michel Mosca
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

obviously the entries in the blogs options are created during registration process, not by installing the plugin.

I have the page now showing, (but... - see further below)

The reason for not showing before was because I linked directly to the registration page passing the argument as suggested in the plugin's interface. But it seems wp-signup.php does not pass on this information to register.php (the theme's registration form - btw. I am using bp).

Using 'register?Supporter=1' does the job now and calls the supporter page on first log in. (I first suspected the branding would be a problem, but have also tested with branded to Premium register?Premium=1 - works equally well).

BUT

After logging into the new blog, the page loaded in an endless loop. calling wp-admin/index.php#supporter-php and wp-admin/supporter.php alternately.

Also the page loaded without the WP header or footer and without the adminbar.

After removing the easy blogging plugins (easy blogging, -wizzard/-tooltips) it loads like a charm.

Easy blogging seems to cause different issue (js?) - as also the wizzard would load after bypassing the Supporter page and choosing the interface, but would suddenly redirect to the posts page after a few seconds.

@aaron (nice new avatar...) as I don't want to deviate the conversation here I will let you guys deal with @growingup's (good luck!) issue in this thread and further investigate easy blogging as a separate instance.

• growingup
    • Flash Drive

@Michel....Okay but I'm still a little lost as to where you made the changes. I have also uninstalled the easy blogging stuff because I read someplace else that it broke the supporter plugin. I vaguely remember seeing something somewhere about forcing to to that wp-signup.php but I'm not sure. I think it was a check box or something. So it's working fine now? Do you have skype I would like to talk to you to see what u did exactly.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok i created a blog on your site. But there are more issues as I can't even login. It appears that it does but does not send login cookies.

Also as you are using Buddypress, realize that the user will only get redicted when they first visit the actual backend of THEIR blog. By default buddypress keeps them on the front end of the main blog.

• growingup
    • Flash Drive

Okay one other thing I will start another post if need be...but I don't know whether it's a issue with my theme, wpmu, or buddypress. So here's the issue sometimes when I log out/login I will get redirected to "domain.tld" Again this happens periodically when I log out and when I log in. But If I go to the main page again it will show that I'm logged in.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.