Supporter & Upgrades not working automatically

I have both Supporter and Upgrades installed on my site at http://kbkconnect.com. It is a multisite.

These plugins are allowing purchases/subscriptions, but not applying the information to the users' accounts. For instance, a user/admin purchased credits for an upgrade. The PayPal payment went through, but their account was not credited with the credits. I can manually add credits to accounts.

Another example is that users can subscribe to Supporter, payment goes through PayPal, but the subscription is not applied to their account. Again, I can manually extend accounts.

All tables are created in the database. IPN is turned on in PayPal.

This is getting hairy as more people use my service. Help!!!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi KustomByKris,

I can see you had a bit of difficulty with this in that other thread. I'll ask one of the developers to take a look at this one as I'm not sure why that process wouldn't work as it should in this case.

As a good way to start off, could you let us know what version of WordPress, Supporter and Upgrades you're using at this point?

Thanks,
    David

• KustomByKris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Perhaps I'm not understanding where to see IPN errors or how to determine if an IPN has been successful. I see nothing that looks like an error logged in my PayPal account and zero subscriptions have been applied to any user account, though I do receive their money.

• KustomByKris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here is the info for the latest transaction. This one was through Upgrades. I received the $5, but credits were not added to his account. After he contacted me about it, I manually gave him the credits.

Original/Resent: Original
    Latest delivery attempt: ----
    Notification URL: http://kbkconnect.com/threedotenterprises/paypal.php
    HTTP response code:
    Delivery status: Disabled
    No. of retries: 0
    IPN type: Transaction made

IPN Message:
    mc_gross=5.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&payer_id=GT3G9F4KU7QWY&tax=0.00&payment_date=07:38:03 May 21, 2011 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=todd&mc_fee=0.45&notify_version=3.1&custom=5_5_USD_200&payer_status=verified&business=billing@kustombykris.com&quantity=1&verify_sign=A1oGOA3gzVMcdXmtIgfbakbg7h5YA.1RqNePUIPlI8iZdiwEjKhru1pI&payer_email=ting@stny.rr.com&contact_phone=607-692-7614&txn_id=56E93437XA0105322&payment_type=instant&last_name=ingraham&receiver_email=billing@kustombykris.com&payment_fee=0.45&receiver_id=ZKLALJDHARDVE&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=KBK Connect Blogs Credits&mc_currency=USD&item_number=5&residence_country=US&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=5_5_USD_200&payment_gross=5.00&shipping=0.00&ipn_track_id=3JoVs6Qu54nKHBpYSJKVmg

• KustomByKris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have been going through everything and cleaning up the site, as well. I found two SQL queries that had not been run, so I ran them:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS <code>wp_supporter_signup_stats</code> (
      <code>action_ID</code> bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      <code>blog_ID</code> bigint(20) NOT NULL,
      <code>type</code> varchar(20),
      <code>action</code> varchar(20) NOT NULL,
      <code>time_stamp</code> DATE NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY  (<code>action_ID</code>)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS <code>wp_supporter_daily_stats</code> (
      <code>id</code> bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      <code>date</code> DATE NOT NULL,
      <code>supporter_count</code> int(10) NOT NULL,
      <code>expired_count</code> int(10) NOT NULL,
      <code>term_count_1</code> int(10) NOT NULL,
      <code>term_count_3</code> int(10) NOT NULL,
      <code>term_count_12</code> int(10) NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY  (<code>id</code>)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB;

But I don't know if this helps or not.

• KustomByKris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have also put Supporter into test mode (PayPal sandbox). When I try to do a test subscription, I get the following error message from PayPal:

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

I was reading through the threads here on others' problems with Supporter and saw that permissions could be an issue. So I changed the permissions on the supporter-paypal.php file from 644 to 777 and then went to kbkconnect.com/supporter-paypal.php and was shown "Page Not Found" (with my theme applied to the page). When I made the permissions 755, I am told "Error: Missing POST variables. Identification is not possible."

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya

As we haven't heard anything for awhile on this one I'm marking it as resolved. Should ya have the need for further instruction, please 'reopen' this thread and we'll continue to take a look.

You can always alternatively open up a new thread.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.