Supporter Widget and domain mapping

Any chance of grabbing supporters' mapped domains for display in the widget VS the non-mapped subdomain?

I'm using the "front-end only" version.

• scott.wood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm pretty much a wordpress nug, but the only domain mapping solution I've come across is Donncha's plugin. There are others?

I've been trying to figure out how best to compare the array created by the supporter plugin with the entries in the domain_mapping table and if there's a match for a certain blog_id, pull the that domain name. It seems to more than just a basic query, so I haven't worked it out yet.

• scott.wood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ur the king!!

I had tested this previously, but I was also testing the admin-ssl plugin at the same time, which is when I first identified the problem with the widget. Admin-ssl was way too buggy when used with domain mapping so I removed it.

But I did not re-test the "home" setting.

Here's what I had to do to make it work:
    - Since I couldn't just update the home setting on it's own, I changed the domain name to the mapped domain and left the "update siturl and home" box checked. (leaving it in this configuration causes a redirect loop when logging in)
    - I then changed the domain name BACK to sub.mysite.com and "un-checked" the update siteurl and home box.

It now works. All links seem to be working properly and the supporter widget is working just as it should!!

Thanks again.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

All domain mapping solution update the domain and path for a blog correct?

Doesn't look like that's a possible solution. On my testbed, I tried last night to use Donncha's domain mapping plugin on the dm test blog and it's still showing the old internal domain instead of the mapped one.

If you look at the home.php file, it;s using domain and path.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.