Supporter/Membership plugin and Expired Credit Cards

Hi,

I have a few question about the supporter or membership plugin.

Say if a customer purchases a "pro" membership using PayPal, and then their credit card expires, or their PayPal account doesn't have enough for the recurring transaction to succeed, what happens to the customer's membership?

Also too, can the customer be offered the choice to pay by credit card or PayPal Express?

Thanks,
Mike

Mason

Hiya Mike,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

With Supporter, they will lose access to the 'pro' features such as plugins, but there site will still function. The plugin doesn't automatically turn off the theme or reduce their upload quota (as this could lead to some very poor results and unhappy members).

With Membership, it's a bit easier as you're mostly dealing with access to content. If a membership expires they will lose access to the content (or admin areas) as defined by the plugin.

I'll ask a couple of the devs to respond more in depth if I've missed something but that's the basic idea of how they each handle this.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Timothy Bowers

I realise this is now three months old but that more indepth response would be appreciated, I too would like to know what happens exactly.

Will there come an option to deactivate their plugins? or default the theme to a free one? or shrink their size, my understanding (which I assume might be wrong) is that the size set in WP only affects what can be uploaded, if its exceeded then no more will be uploaded however if its downsized it doesn't just delete the content?

If it does none of this then what is to stop someone signing up and then just not renewing whilst continuing to enjoy the larger upload quote and existing use of a pre-selected premium theme or plugin?

What happens when a super admin enables plugins and themes, nothing?