Suppresion of default wordpress email registration confirmation

Hi,
Is there any way to remove/cancel the default wordpress (ugly) email that is generated when a user registered in the website.

I already have two emails sent to member when they registered via Membership Pro 2 and I don't want to get a third one which does not contain any relevant information.

Thanks,
julien

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Julien, I hope you are doing well today!

Thank you for this question!

Just want to clarify what notification you mean,
    A. The one that WordPress installation sents upon user registration?
    B. Or the one that Membership 2 sent's after signing up for a Membership?

If this is (A) option, I can suggest to use the Email Verification Removal plugin. New registered users will be not receiving registration notification from WP installation .

For (B) case, you can edit Notification emails in Membership 2 > Settings Automated Email Responses.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Julien
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nastia,
    Well, the proposed solution did not work.
    Each time I register a new user, he receives the default wordpress email :

"Identifiant : youpa
    Pour configurer votre mot de passe, rendez-vous à l'adresse suivante :
    <http://www.mywebsite.com/wp-login.php?action=rp&key=I0ngHWOorE3IJ9X5XQ1g&login=youpa>
    http://www.mywebsite.com/wp-login.php
    "

but he does not receive the Membership Pro email anymore ...
    I deleted the plugin "Email Verification Removal", but it does not change anything (no membership pro email received ... only wordpress one).
    I'm a little bit confused...

• Julien
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Nastia,
    I removed manually all the existing membership pro Keys existing in "postmeta" table (database) for deleted users.

Then I register a new user and receive the membership pro email notifications. Good !

By using another plugin, I have been able to remove most of the default wp e-mail notifications.

However, I still receive a "password recovery" notification email to the administrator when an new user register. Any idea ?

Thanks
    Julien

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Julien Rey,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

To suppress the reset notification email on user registration try adding following code in wp-config.php file before the line that says stop editing and upload back to the server.

define( 'MS_DISABLE_WP_NEW_USER_NOTIFICATION', true );

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.