Suspicious Emails & Unresolved Security Errors with WP Defender

My email inbox has been flooded with a lot of consistent back to back emails regarding failed login attempts. When I check WP Defender I noticed that there are some security issues that are not able to be resolved.

I need some help to properly secure my site!

Thanks so much.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Jenny-Lyn,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at defender results and two of those require adding some rules to your .htaccess file however it seems like the file is not writable.

Can you access your WP installation via FTP and change .htaccess permissions to 755 and then go to defender and click on Add .htaccess code for those two reports so it adds require code to it.
    After that you can revert .htaccess permissions to original values.

Last issue is reporting that your WP is currently not at latest version however I checked this and it actually is so but Defender is not reading that correctly.
    I asked the plugin developer about this and he would like to have a closer look if you could provide us with FTP or cPanel access to your site.
    You can send us your details using our contact form and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

You should be safe now but if you're still troubled by failed login attempts you can give this plugin a try it will limit a number of login attempts from the same IP and this adding another layer of security.

Best regards,