SwagMag Theme

Any chance we can get this plugin to work on WwagMag theme, link: http://kienthucxaydung.vn/questions

What part of it doesn't actually work? It's likely a javascript conflict ?

Visitors & any members can't interact "answers". Looking forward to receiving instructions easy, because i'm an amateur.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again @nguyentrongthach

I checked your website and found that there are a few errors on your site.

You can check them by opening the site in Firefox and press ctrl+shift+J and it will show the errors.

I will suggest you to please clear those errors before proceeding as they can create more problems on the long run.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @nguyentrongthach

Greetings and thanks for your post.

That is something which I think is being caused by the theme itself. Can you please try and disable all the plugins and see if the error goes away. And if it does, activate the plugins one by one and see which plugin causes the error to come back.

That way we can find out the culprit.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @nguyentrongthach,

Greetings and thanks for writing back.

I really don't know how to continue to troubleshoot this since I don't know what you mean by ctrl+shift+J

Well, they should know how to use firebug :smiley: lol... no issues.

First of all, can you try to switch to a default theme and see if you still get the same problem of the http://kienthucxaydung.vn/questions not showing answers. As we need to make sure it's the theme and not some plugin conflict.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If the errors are not there with the default theme, then it's the theme which is the issue.

Can you get back to the theme support and tell them about the errors and seek their assistance in fixing them so that we can see if that fixes the incompatibility issues?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• nguyentrongthach
    • Flash Drive

respond from industrialthemes.com

There are hundreds of thousands of plugins and I cannot guarantee compatibility between every single one. This theme is much more powerful than most other themes on ThemeForest, so naturally it has a higher chance to run into compatibility issues since it has way more functionality. As I stated before, you should hire a developer to help you troubleshoot the issues if you want this solved quickly. Otherwise I will add it to my to do list of things to attempt to research and resolve for future versions of the theme. I wish it was simpler than that, but unfortunately when you're talking about third-party software, there is always a risk involved...

Now, I'm hiring a developer to solve problems

Thank !

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie, but wanted to let you know that we've taken a bunch of people off other projects to massively improve Q&A as quickly as possible.

This is gona involve some better UX, some seriously improved design and compatibility elements and looking into and fixing up as many bugs as we can.

Am posting this on all the latest threads so everyone is aware where we're at, sorry for doubles.

Just want you to know that we hear ya and will have stuff sorted asap!

Cheers, James

• nguyentrongthach
    • Flash Drive

I tried to setup again and again and again (latest version), unfortunately failed, this is a list of plugins conflicts with Swagmag theme
    - Q&A, Wiki: not working
    - Ultimate Branding: Terrible - destroy logged (Login, Register....)
    - Support System: features's Swagger working is not normal.
    - Membership: features's Swagger working is not normal.

I feel that the WPMUDEV's products is only compatible with the simple themes
    Some themes (from themeforest.net) have functions same as application theme, conflicts.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Our plugins work with almost all the themes which are coded as per WordPress coding standards.

I would like to test it with the theme you are using. Can you please send me a copy over through email and I will have a look into it ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @nguyentrongthach

The instructions can not be specific as its different for different themes. I am currently working on writing a manual for some specific themes which our members can use. I can login to your site (please send me a your login credentials via email (reply on the same email I sent you a reply on) and I will look into it.

However, if you can change the site language to english for sometime, I can easily help you with the same :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.