SWEET! Every user is an admin!

Having trouble with the membership plugin.

Before installing / activating the membership plugin my system would properly create a separate directory for each end user. ( domain.com/enduser )

After installing the membership plugin every user ends up in the root directory and effectively becomes an admin to the system with no directory of their own. ( domain.com/ )

not sure where I missed a step, but some help would be appreciated.. :slight_smile:

Thank you

p.s. a side note: Trying to make a system similar to edublogs.com

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey richguynetwork

p.s. a side note: Trying to make a system similar to edublogs.com

You may prefer Pro Sites for that:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites

This is for site hosting, premium themes and plugins for blog owners, more space, etc.

Pro Sites would be my choice for doing something like selling sites. Membership can handle it but not in the same way.

Anyway, the default behaviour of WordPress is to create users on your main site. Using the Membership signup forms will not give them options to create a blog, they can do this later through wp-signup.php (which is the form they signup with if not using membership).

The only way they would be an admin of your main site though is if you assign them that role (or some plugin does) or use an Access Level to give them that role. You can assigned roles in Membership through Access Levels by using the advanced option.

See page 38 of the manual for the Role feature.

Let me know if you have nay more questions.

Take care

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

thank you for the suggestion on pro sites. . .

nearly complete with this project with that one suggestion...

I still have two problems. and well it is with pro sites..

Using pro site under the process payment manually.. it will not place a subscription button at the register screen. nor do I see a place to select a graphic for a button. and I have not found any short code to use for this.

in the end user back office I have a premium theme with some additional options that the theme provides. however the additional theme options are not shown in the end users back office.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Sorry about the delay, I work on a ton of things around here sometimes. :slight_smile:

Using pro site under the process payment manually.. it will not place a subscription button at the register screen. nor do I see a place to select a graphic for a button. and I have not found any short code to use for this.

Well the whole registration process is handled by WordPress. wp-signup.php So there is no button there.

The page is created as you install the plugin, you can totally delete that page, then go in to the Pro Sites admin and generate a new one:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Settings

Whatever is set here "Rebrand Pro Sites" when you save the settings page wil be the slug and name of your new Pro Sites Page (Remember to delete the old one first, not just trash but totally delete. You find that in your main sites pages admin).

in the end user back office I have a premium theme with some additional options that the theme provides. however the additional theme options are not shown in the end users back office.

Pro Sites doesn't restrict access to theme options. It only restricts access to the theme, so if the theme can be installed then it would be just like any theme.

Take care.

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

-- Pro Sites doesn't restrict access to theme options. It only restricts access to the theme, so if the theme can be installed then it would be just like any theme.
    Take care.

----------------

the Theme itself is active. however the theme options under the appearance tab is being restricted. I've not found anywhere under pro-sites or membership that would allow for the theme options to show.

The theme options are additional options that were provided with the theme.

as shown in the screen shot provided..

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

So with Pro Sites disabled does that menu shows for all roles?

I ask because Pro Sites doesn't usually affect the role or theme options, it should just handle the theme.

Does seem like a role issue, any other role editor plugins on your install?

If you find edit_themes in your themes functions files then change it to edit_themes_options

Take care.

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Under this Multiuser site... Looking at the two Dashboards new users will only show up under the Network Admin > Users Panel. even then I only have one option for setting roles.

I've turned off all plugins, currently there is not a way for me to set a role, or even a default role to assign to new users to the system. How would I change the roles without this role option?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Whatever your problem it's not related to our products. Seems to be just an improperly coded theme.

however the theme options under the appearance tab is being restricted. I've not found anywhere under pro-sites or membership that would allow for the theme options to show.

The proper permission is as said should be 'edit_theme_options'. Only site admins have this permission by default in WP multisite (admin is the default and necessary role for new site signups).

My guess is your user either doesn't have the admin role, or your theme is not using 'edit_theme_options' when adding it's menu.

• richguynetwork
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

did some rebuilding of the system.. and then some trouble shooting....

in the end you are correct in saying that the problem was the theme itself that was causing the issue.

Thank you guys for your patience and help.

Moving forward with a different theme for members...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.