Switch WP-domain after signup with Multi-Domain installed

One of my members created his blog at name.domain1.com but now he/she wants to cange it to name.domain2.com. I’m using the Multi-Domains plugin and both domain1.com and domain2.com are selectable at signup. How do I make that switch, so that the main domain is changed, but not the subdomain/blog name?

I don’t want to ask my user to sign up a new blog since he/she has done alot of blogging on the current domain.

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Qlof,

Thank you for this great question!

Though I do not have an immediate answer myself, because the wrench in this is not change the sub domain name, I am at a loss.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise.

Though this may take longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for the response. That would be very appreciated.

I assume it would be ok to make a search for the blogs domain and change it whereever it’s mentioned in the database. But I want to be sure as it’s a big blogsite and I can not mess up even if I make a backup :slight_smile:.

It would be a great future for the admin to be able to change the blogdomain in the admin menu. So that’s a future feature suggestion :slight_smile:.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

You could first try editing the domain here:

/wp-admin/network/sites.php

Thats the site area of your Network Admin:

Admin –> Network –> Sites

If that didn’t fully change it all then you could edit the database directly and change all references from:

name.domain1.com

to

name.domain2.com

Before attempting either of these please ensure you have full backups.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.