Switching Blog Templates from Admin.would be great!

So, I dont think its currently possible unless im missing something but boy oh boy would it be great to allow current site owners to switch the blog template.

What do I mean? Well, currently admins can of course switch themes but wouldn’t it be great to allow them to only pick themes that are part of Blog templates?

In other words, not only would a new user be able to select a blog template at signup, but would be able to change their current blog to a new template. Hopefully that makes sense.

Mike

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @mike,

that makes perfect sense to me :slight_smile: However I’m not sure that would be exactly possible once the site is created and content added. There could be issues with doing this. However I will certainly add it as a feature request for the developers to look into, maybe they could work some magic.

Hope this helps

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yeah i could see how this plugin may need to be completely re-did to have this feature. I thought about it more after writing the post and yeah I think it would be near impossible without changing a ton of coding. I may be wrong and appreciate you adding it as a feature request!

Mike

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @Castro Boy

That’s something that many people have asked about but I’m afraid is near impossible. I’ve been thinking a lot about it but I’ve always found something really hard to solve. We don’t discard it of course but it’s parked at least for the moment.

Regards.

Ignacio.

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yeah I was thinking it would be really tough. But, I did find a valid workaround it seems. Just do not network enable any of your themes on the network and only enable them on the blog template itself. This causes users to never be able to switch themes but rather create a whole new site if they want another theme thus only being able to use templates you created.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.