Switching from Mediawiki to the Wiki plugin. How to bring my data?

I am working on a site in which a wiki needs to be integrated. They used to use a combination of Mediawiki and Joomla, but we are switching them to Wordpress and... I looked at your wiki plugin and it looks great. However, I have 200+ pages in Mediawiki. Is there a way to export/import to make it all as quick as possible?

Thanks!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Ooh that could be tricky.... The best thing to do is use the WordPress import.

Wiki basically creates a custom post type which means you can bulk-import content using the standard import feature (Tools > Import).

You'll need to build a custom script that exports your mediawiki content into a WordPress XML format (do an export to see how it looks) that you can then import into the wiki custom type.

Phil

• arnehulstein
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Phil. I was afraid it would be tricky. But if I can restrict it to having to mess with the XML, then I am OK. That would make it a lot easier than integrating the old joomla user database back into mediawiki and then into Wordpress. :wink:

I will give it a shot and see what happens. Am wondering whether the tags are the same...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.