sync google calendar with appointments +

if a particular service provider syncs his calendar with google plus:

1. can that particular service provider change his schedule - create more appointment times, delete appointment times, customize his calendar - all from his google calendar?

2. can any other service provider access another service provider's calendar?

3. if yes to #2 - if they sync to google calendar then can any other service provider access each others google calendars and theoretically their google accounts?

Thank you

• Michael Bissett

Hey @michael, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

#1: He can add more appointment times (though if there's more than one service assigned to him, it'll automatically choose the first service assigned to the provider), and he can delete appointments created in Google Calendar (and have them be deleted inside of Appointments+).

#2 & #3: Nope, they can't access each other's Google calendars, nor can they access each other's Google accounts.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• michael

Please answer all 6 questions completely and fully
    1. can you please answer the question completely - I need to know how service providers can configure their calendars by themselves completely not just one feature like working hours

2. can they delete appointments, cancel appointments, make new appointments etc

3. I also need to know how they can configure they profiles by themselves

4. I also need to know how buddypress will help me do any of this if at all

5. Should I make them an editior, an admin etc and what are the ramifications

6.I don't want to know if they can do certain things - I need to know if the service providers can configure their calendars completely under all circumstances and how to set this up

Thank you

• Ash

Hello @michael

I hope you are well today.

1. can you please answer the question completely - I need to know how service providers can configure their calendars by themselves completely not just one feature like working hours

What do you mean by "configure their calendars"? Do you mean configuring the integration with his own google calendar? Currently providers can configure only their working hours and their gcal integration but no other features. Please let us know about this.

2. can they delete appointments, cancel appointments, make new appointments etc

From front end, anyone can book appointment front end. You can restrict the booking for logged in users only though.

Service providers can cancel their appointments only if you permit them. You can allow from Appointments > Settings > General setting yes for "Allow service provider confirm own appointments". They can do so from their profile page (Users > Your Profile)

3. I also need to know how they can configure they profiles by themselves

There is no profile system integrated with Appointments+. The default wordpress profile (Users > Your Profile) will work for all users.

4. I also need to know how buddypress will help me do any of this if at all

Well, Buddypress is a plugin that will turn your site into a social networking platform where all users will have their own profile page. If you allow providers to confirm their own appointments or set working hours, they can do so in the buddypress profile page, without going in the backend profile page.

5. Should I make them an editior, an admin etc and what are the ramifications

That doesn't matter, Appointments+ works fine even if your providers are just subscriber.

6.I don't want to know if they can do certain things - I need to know if the service providers can configure their calendars completely under all circumstances and how to set this up

I think this question is similar to #1? Please feel free to suggest if I am missing anything.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• michael

Let me try to make it easier for you

1. By configure their calendars - I mean - can service providers configure their calendars exactly like the site admin does from the back end?
    1a. if yes - what exactly can they do - exactly each and every configuration
    1b. if it depends or if the functionality is limited please spell that out to me and let know each and every detail

2. What exactly can service providers do to configure their calendars when they sync their calendar with their google calendars - please be as specific as possible.

3. What exactly can service providers NOT do when they sync their google calendars?

4. How exactly do service providers:
    a. edit their profiles?
    b. configure their calendars

5. if a service provider is a user - can he configure his own calendar and profile from the back end just like an Admin??

6. If yes - can he do this ONLY on his own calendar and not be able to access anything else on the site?

7. If yes and no with limitations - please tell me what he can and cannot do

• Patrick

Hi there @michael

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

Indeed you can set things up to enable your service providers to connect to their own Google calendars. Simply set Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration to Yes under Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar in your wp-admin.

Service providers will then be able to set up their Gcal integration in their admin profile, which is good for even users with a subscriber role as, by default, they don't have access to any other areas of your admin. :slight_smile:

The only thing here is, your service providers cannot upload the key file generated by Google themeselves. That file must be uploaded via FTP. So if they do not have FTP access to your server (I hope they don't, lol) you must upload that file for them.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Ash

Hello @michael

I hope you are well today.

If you please create a subscriber account, add that user as a provider, it will be more understandable to you than explaining :slight_smile:

When you are logged in as admin, you need to allow service providers to set their working hours from Appointments > Settings > General > Accessibility Settings > "Allow service provider set working hours".

After creating a provider account, login with that provider account. Then go to Users > Your Profile and there you will see the working hour settings form for the provider.

I you want to show the appointments in a calendar, you can create a page using the following shortcode:

[app_worker_monthly_calendar]

You can see all shortcodes in Appointments > Shortcodes.

Any logged in providers will see his appointments in that page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.