Sync to existing website

Hello,

I started using and configuring Membership2 (free edition) plugin. I now registered for the Pro version at $49 per month.

I am seeing two options to either "Direct Install" or "Sync" which option should I choose? I DO NOT want to lose any of the previous work I've done with the plugin on my website.

Thank You.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Steven,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

Membership 2 plugin stores all the information in your database so switching from free to pro will not affect any of your current setup process.

What you are referring to above is actually process to install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, this plugin is required for WPMU DEV to communicate with our plugins that require API access and is also only way for Trial members to install our plugins.

So it doesn't matter which option you choose, Direct Download will download WPMU DEV plugin and you will then need to install it manually, while Auto Sync on other hand will ask you to provide your WP admin login details and it will try to automatically install the plugin on your site, both of these will not affect Membership 2 plugin in any way.

After you have WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed you can go to Plugins panel and remove the free version of Membership 2 plugin.
    As I mentioned above, plugin settings are stored in database so removing it will not remove saved settings as well, unless you have some cleanup plugin installed or something like that.
    If you are unsure about that then I would suggest creating a backup of your site, just to stay on the safe side.

Once free version is removed navigate to WPMU DEV > Plugins panel and install pro version from there.
    Activate the plugin and that should be it, your settings will be still there and Pro features will be unlocked.

Let us know if you have any followup questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.