Syncing Accounts (And Affiliate Info) Across a Multisite Network

Hello,

I have a site (domain.com) with about 100 subsites (sub[1-100].domain.com).

As I currently understand it, when I install Affiliate on the topsite, It allows anyone who signs up at one of the subsites (admins included) to become an affiliate. Their statistics are reported to the master site (domain.com) and can be viewed from the Network administrators admin page.

What I'm curious about however, is if there is a way to sync accounts across all sites in the network, while ALSO taking into account disabled accoutns for users who no longer pay for services, etc.

Here's a couple of cases I'd like to see.

User A signs up at Domain.com and enabled affiliate.

He can login to sub[1-100].domain.com and will not have to make a new account at any of them, but will be able to set up his custom affiliate URL at any of the subsites. I know and understand he will have to view his sales independently on each site.

---

User B signs up at sub[20].domain.com but wants to post on sub[4].domain.com, his account would be synced across all subsites so that he could post on any of them). If he cancels his account, he can't post on sub[20] or sub[4] or any other subsites.

---

User C signs up at domain.com and just wants to be an affiliate. He sends a user an affiliate link to domain.com/affiliatelink, but the user gets to the site and signs up at sub[22].domain.com. Does the user still get credit for his affiliate sale? If not.. If a user is signed up at All subsites and the top domain, and sends a user to domain.com/affiliatelink, and the user signs up at sub[22].domain.com, will the user get credit in this case? Or is the affiliate heritage only passed to the specific site it is referencing?

--

If you hadn't noticed the goal here is to make it easy for affiliates to perform affiliate references to any site in a multisite network, as well as having a user of the site be able to traverse the entire multisite network with the role they are initially given.

Kimberly

Kruzen,

You are correct in understanding how the Affiliate plugin works. But you should keep in mind that this plugin only provides statistics, and tracks the code given to your user. So User X can use this code on site1 , site2 and site 6 if he would like.

I'll see if I can address the remainder of your post inline

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sso-cross-cookie-for-multisite/

He can login to sub[1-100].domain.com and will not have to make a new account at any of them, but will be able to set up his custom affiliate URL at any of the subsites. I know and understand he will have to view his sales independently on each site.

yep! That's how it's supposed to work!

User B signs up at sub[20].domain.com but wants to post on sub[4].domain.com, his account would be synced across all subsites so that he could post on any of them). If he cancels his account, he can't post on sub[20] or sub[4] or any other subsites.

You will have to define the user roles and use a privacy plugin or a Membership plugin to control access to pages once the user cancels his account. This sounds alot like A with the addition of the restriction of posting upon account cancellation. You will need to be careful to note the membership settings for any plugin you use, many will allow your user to continue out through their paid date (i.e finish a month if paid already)

User C signs up at domain.com and just wants to be an affiliate. He sends a user an affiliate link to domain.com/affiliatelink, but the user gets to the site and signs up at sub[22].domain.com. Does the user still get credit for his affiliate sale? If not.. If a user is signed up at All subsites and the top domain, and sends a user to domain.com/affiliatelink, and the user signs up at sub[22].domain.com, will the user get credit in this case? Or is the affiliate heritage only passed to the specific site it is referencing?

The affiliate Plugin gives you the ability to give referral links and banners, so in this case User C will still show a click or referral. His part in the login doesn't get lost.

I hope you find this useful

Best,

Kimberly

Kruzen

Regarding the last part,

A click/referral is great, but will it show a sale? Let me be more specific.

Affiliate Sends User A a link to domain.com

User A goes to domain.com through the link, and browses to sub3.domain.com and signups up there.

Which (if any) of these is what happens

A) The Network admin can see a new user is signed up at sub3.domain.com and Affiliate User is owed money. Affiliate User gets credit for the sale on sub3.domain.com

B) The Network admin can see a new user is signed up at sub3.domain.com and Affiliate User is owed money. Affiliate User gets credit for the sale on domain.com

C) The Network admin can see a new user is signed up at sub3.domain.com and Affiliate User sent a click. Affiliate User gets a click registered for his referral, but does not get credit because the user signed up at sub3.domain.com, and not domain.com where he was originally sent.

Thanks