Syncing FB with Buddypress

Not sure what I've done wrong here, but when a user clicked Sync Facebook data with Profile, the FB image now displays next to the login link to the Ultimate FB plugin in the sidebar, but when you click on the user's profile in Buddypress, there isn't any image, just the Mystery Man.

• aecnu

Greetings Pali Baacsi,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

The way that you have described your situation makes resolution difficult to pin point when adding to it the factors not limited to the integration of W3 Total Cache plugin and the CDN network. Furthermore there is no mention to what another player in this could be and that is Gravatars and what influence they will have on the avatars - or since you did not mention it maybe this is the missing piece to the puzzle i.e. the Avatars plugin.

We ourselves have a Gravatar account and anywhere and everywhere an avatar is requested it is already pre-filled in with our image from Gravatars and the only way to override this is to manually upload a different image or to use a different email address accompanied with a different Gravatar image.

I hope this helps in giving you ideas to get the resolution that you seek.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Paul Barthmaier

Joe,

This is great news that you are working with WPMUDev in a Support capacity! I will give you some feedback down the line, as requested by your byline.

As for Gravatars, in this case, the member does have a gravatar account set up and I'm not sure why that isn't being pulled, and overriding both FB and the BP avatars. As for the Avatars plugin, I can give that a shot, but I wanted to limit my plugins and didn't see why this should be necessary.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.